The WPScan WordPress Security Scanner plugin scans your system on a daily basis to find security vulnerabilities listed in the WPScan Vulnerability Database. It shows an icon on the Admin Toolbar with the total number of security vulnerabilities found.
The WPScan Vulnerability Database is a WordPress vulnerability database, which includes WordPress core vulnerabilities, plugin vulnerabilities and theme vulnerabilities. The database is maintained by the WPScan Team, who are 100% focused on WordPress security.
To use the WPScan WordPress Security Plugin you will need to use a free API token by registering here.
What does the plugin do?
- Scans the WordPress core, plugins and themes for known security vulnerabilities;
- Shows an icon on the Admin Toolbar with the total number of security vulnerabilities found;
- Notifies you by mail when new security vulnerabilities are found.
wpscan.zipcontent to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Register for a free API token
- Save the API token to the WPScan settings page or within the wp-config.php file