A little plugin to restrict user profile so that an user can’t update his profile if he is not Admin, Editor, Author. Secure your WordPress website or demo sites by disabling User Profile Updation for random and regular users. Now normal users won’t be able to update or change anything of his profile like email, password etc. And in this way your website will remain fully secured.
Just install > Activate & Enjoy! No additional setup required!
Direct Install From WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Plugins page
- Add New and search for ‘WP User Profile Restriction’
- You will see the plugin in the search list.
- Install and activate the plugin. That’s all.
Manual Install From WordPress Dashboard
If your server is not connected to the Internet, then you can use this method-
- Download the plugin. A ZIP file will be downloaded.
- Login to your site’s admin panel and navigate to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload.
- Click choose file, select the plugin file and click install
Install Using FTP
If you are unable to use any of the methods due to internet connectivity and file permission issues, then you can use this method-
- Download the plugin by clicking on the blue button above.A ZIP file will be downloaded.
- Unzip the file.
- Launch your favorite FTP client. Such as FileZilla, FireFTP, CyberDuck etc. If you are a more advanced user, then you can use SSH too.
- Upload the folder to wp-content/plugins/
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins -> Installed
- Activate the plugin