Since WordPress 5.5, an XML sitemaps functionality is provided in the WordPress core. These sitemaps let search engine crawlers find all URLs quickly and comprehensively.
But there is not any configuration interface. This plugin provides an options page for all XML sitemaps generated by the WordPress core.
WP Sitemaps Config let you easily
- disable the XML sitemaps completely with a single click
- remove the sitemaps for all public posts, pages, categories, tags, post formats and users
- remove the sitemaps for all public custom post types and custom taxonomies
- add the entries Priority, Change Frequency and Last Modification Date to each URL
This plugins is ready for multisites. It requires WordPress 5.5 or higher. To use the XML sitemaps the PHP extension SimpleXML must run on your server.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘XML Sitemap’