- Minifies and strips comments out of HTML
- Generates static HTML pages
- Minifies CSS and generates single compiled CSS files per page
- Compiles WordPress Core jQuery and jQuery-migrate files into one file
- Compresses JPEG and PNG images hosted in your site’s Media Library
- Features above can be toggled on and off
No complicated settings to deal with;
- Deactivate/delete any current caching or minification plugins
- Install WP Roids
- Activate WP Roids
- Log out
- Refresh your home page TWICE
“It broke my site, arrrrrrgh!”
Do the following steps, having your home page open in another browser. Or log out after each setting change if using the same browser. After each step refresh your home page TWICE
- Switch your site’s theme to “Twenty Nineteen” (or one of the other “Twenty…” Themes). If it then works, you have a moody theme
- If still broken, go to the WordPress Plugins page and disable all Plugins (except WP Roids, obviously). If WP Roids starts to work, we have a plugin conflit
- Reactivate each plugin one by one and refresh your home page each time time until it breaks
- Finally, if no improvement has occurred, go to the Settings tab and experiment with toggling options in the first section “Core Settings”
- If you have the time, it would help greatly if you can log a support topic on the Support Page and tell me as much as you can about what happened
How Fast Is It?
In testing, WP Roids was FASTER than:
- WP Super Cache
- W3 Total Cache
- WP Fastest Cache
- Comet Cache
- WP Speed of Light
- …and many more!
Where Can I Check Site Speed?
Either of these two sites is good:
In addition to the WordPress Requirements, WP Roids requires the following:
.htaccessfile to be writable
some security plugins disable this, so just turn this protection off for a minute during install/activation
PHP version greater than 5.4.0
It WILL throw errors on activation if not! No damage should occur though
PHP cURL extension enabled
Usually is by default on most decent hosts
Under The Hood
- User is NOT logged in ~ might change this in future, Phil
- Current view IS a Page or Post (or Custom Post Type)
- Current view is NOT an Archive i.e. list of Posts (or Custom Post Types) ~ might change this in future, Phil
- Current view has NOT received an HTTP POST request e.g. a form submission
- Current view is NOT WooCommerce basket, checkout or “My Account” page
.html file copy saved in the cache folder.
The cache automatically clears itself on Page/Post changes, Theme switches and Plugin activations/deactivations
Copyright: © 2019 Philip K. Meadows (coded in Great Britain)
Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License
Credits / Additional Acknowledgments
- Software designed for WordPress
- Photograph of Lance Armstrong
- Source: http://newsactivist.com/en/articles/604-103-lf/lance-armstrong-cheater-0
- Used without permission, but “Fair Use” for the purposes of caricature, parody and satire
NOTE: WP Roids requires the
.htaccess file to have permissions set to 644 at time of activation. Some security plugins (quite rightly) change the permissions to disable editing. Please temporarily disable this functionality for a moment whilst activating WP Roids.
The quickest and easiest way to install is via the
Plugins > Add New feature within WordPress. But if you must, manual installation instructions follow…
- Download and unzip the latest release zip file.
- If you use the WordPress plugin uploader to install this plugin skip to step 4.
- Upload the entire plugin directory to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress Administration.