The ‘Wp My Admin Bar’ Plugin expands on the default WordPress Admin Bar, creating a new advanced My Sites menu, with the ablity to enable/disable all other Admin Bar features.
Works on both Standalone WordPress Installs and Multisite Networks.
For Support & Bugs
Please contact us directly if you need assistance or have found a bug. The WordPress Support forum does not notify us of new support tickets, no idea why, so contact us directly.
- Mobile / Portable Device Friendly!
- Advanced My Sites menu and moved Current Site menu with many quick access links.
- Remove the WordPress Logo from the Admin Bar.
- Remove the Howdy Dropdown, disable the dropdown, or remove features within the dropdown.
- Disable the dropdown on the Howdy menu.
- Remove Update Notices, Content menus and the Search Icon from the Frontend.
- Disable the Admin Bar on the Backend and/or the Frontend.
- Enable/Disable every possible Menu on the WordPress Admin Bar.
Plugin works with and has been tested on:
- Multisite – Network Activated
- Multisite – Site Activated
- Standalone Installs (non-multisite)
Install through the WordPress Admin
- It is recommended that you use the built in WordPress installer to install plugins.
- Multisite Networks: Network Admin > Plugins Menu > Add New Button
- Standalone WordPress: Site Dashboard > Plugins Menu > Add New Button
- In the Search box, enter: My Admin Bar
- Click Install Now and proceed through the plugin setup process.
- Activate / Network Activate the plugin when asked.
- If you have returned to the Plugin Admin, locate “WP My Admin Bar” Plugin and click the Activate link.
Upload and Install
- If uploading, upload the /wp-my-admin-bar/ folder to /wp-content/plugins/ folder for your Worpdress install.
- Then open the WordPress Admin:
- Multisite Networks: Network Admin > Plugins Menu
- Standalone WordPress: Site Dashboard > Plugins Menu
- Locate the WP My Admin Bar Plugin in your listing of plugins. (sort by Inactive)
- Click the Activate link to start the plugin.
- Multisite Network: Access the Network Admin > Settings > WP My Admin Bar – Network settings that can be published to network websites.
- Multisite Standalone Website: Site Dashboard > Settings > WP My Admin Bar – Only adjusts this Websites settings but can be overwritten by Network admin.
- Standalone WordPress: Site Dashboard > Settings > WP My Admin Bar – Adjusts the Websites Admin Bar settings.