WP Last Modified Info: the Ultimate Last Modified plugin
Most WordPress themes usually show the date when a post was last published. This is fine for most blogs and static websites. However, WordPress is also used by websites where old articles are regularly updated. This last updated date and time is important information for those publications. The most common example is news websites. They often update old stories to show new developments, add corrections, or media files. If they only added the published date, then their users would miss those updates.
Many popular blogs and websites don’t show any date on their articles. This is a bad practice and you should never remove dates from your blog posts.
So now it is possible to add last modified/updated info on your WordPress posts and pages. Just install and activate this and configuration is very easy.
Like WP Last Modified Info plugin? Consider leaving a 5-star review.
What does this plugin do?
This plugin automatically inserts last modified or updated info on your WordPress posts (including custom post types) and pages. It is possible to use shortcode
[lmt-post-modified-info] for a manual insert. This plugin also adds ‘dateModified’ schema markup in WordPress posts automatically and it is used to tell the last modified date & time of a post or a page to various search engines like Google, Bing etc.
- Allows you to display Last modified information in your posts and pages individually.
- Provides you with options to display the last modified/last updated date above or below your posts and pages.
- You can also set date/time formats and the position of the timestamp in WordPress Posts and Pages which can be either before content or after the content.
- Allows you to customize the text which is to be displayed alongside the last modified date (default: Last updated on).
- Inserts ‘dateModified’ schema markup to your WordPress posts automatically.
- Displays last modified info on all post types column and publish meta box in the dashboard with the author name.
- Allows you to sort posts/pages in last updated/modified date-time order.
- Allows you to replace post published date with post modified info.
- Allows you to display last modified info on your post as human-readable format, i.e. Days/weeks/months/years ago.
- Allows you to display last modified info of all posts in the WordPress admin bar.
- Allows you to display last modified author info in posts, pages.
- Allows you to add last modified timestamp in post/page’s custom field.
- Allows you to edit last modified date and time from the post edit screen and quick edit screen as well.
- You can also add template tags to your theme files. Go to the FAQ section for more information.
- Elementor Dynamic Tags support with ‘dateModified’ schema markup.
- Send Email Notification when anyone makes changes to any post of your website.
- Tested with Yoast SEO, Rank Math, All in One SEO Pack, SEOPress, Schema and many other plugins.
- And you can customize all and everything.
- This plugin is fully compatible with WordPress Version 4.7 and beyond and also compatible with any WordPress theme.
- Fully compatible with Yoast SEO, Rank Math, All in One SEO Pack, SEOPress, Schema and other many plugins.
- Community support via the support forums at WordPress.org.
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’.
- Search for ‘WP Last Modified Info’ and install it.
- Or you can upload the
wp-last-modified-infofolder to the
- Activate WP Last Modified Info from your Plugins page.
- After activation go to ‘Settings > WP Last Modified Info’.
- Enable options and save changes.