WP BASE Booking of Appointments, Services and Events is a complete appointment booking system that allows business owners with or without service providers accept hourly or daily appointment reservations from front end and manage or manually create appointments from admin side.
It is easily extendable with addons and highly customizable with settings, shortcodes and filter/actions if required. Visit our demo website for examples and learn more at WP BASE.com.
WP BASE is also successor plugin for the now abandoned Appointments by WPMU DEV with import possibility using free Export/Import addon.
- Developer and user instructions can be found in our Knowledge Base
- Your clients can pick service, provider, time slot, fill booking form, modify any selection and confirm booking on the same page. During the whole booking process, everything is in your client’s viewport.
- You can define tens of services in just seconds.
- WP BASE can be used in post content, inserted to templates, sidebar widgets and even to popups.
- Unprecedented working hour setting procedure allows even irregular work schedules easy to set.
- Extremely sound software and database design allows hundreds of locations, services, providers each having own complex schedules to be used without having significant effect on page load speed.
- As far as we know, there is no similar product in the market which can achieve the above.
- Designed for maximum conversion rate: No steps, no page refreshs. Booking is as easy as 1 click
- Uses ajax: Client stays on the same page even after changing service or date
- Intuitive: On page load, automatically shows your current availability for your popular service. Client can further browse through other dates and services.
- Responsive: Automatic adaption to different page and screen widths
- Mobile device support: Automatic dedection of mobile phone connection and switching to appropriate display
- Easy Setup: With just one click and a single shortcode you can create a fully functional booking page and start accepting bookings immediately
- Flexible: Several booking methods (weekly, monthly, in table view) and themes to select from
- Multi site support: Automatic creation of database tables for existing and new subsites in Multi Site Installation
- Scalable: Can be extended to thousands of services and providers. Many premium and free addons to choose from.
- Unlimited number of services can be defined
- Service durations can be set from 5 minutes to 1 day (with Advanced Features addon up to 30 days)
- Services can be custom sorted
- For each service a description page with featured image can be defined to be displayed in tooltip
- Services can be assigned to any unique member of the website
- Services can have any capacity with or without assigned providers allowing more than one booking/client per slot
- Working hours are configured using a unique, simple, intuitive graphical interface
- Any combination of working hours for each week day up from 5 minutes intervals can be easily entered
- Even irregular schedules can be set in just seconds
- Services can have own working hours making them usable without service providers
- No need to define break hours: If not picked as a working time, a slot is automatically assigned as a break time
- Multiple working hour tables for services, service providers can be opened, displayed and saved at the same time
- Copy/paste of working hours from one service to another or to several services
Booking on the Front End
- Unlimited number of bookings
- Lead and maximum booking time can be configured
- Automatic adaptation of calendar intervals to service duration
- Table view booking can be selected as number of free slots, days, weeks or months
- Possibility to jump to a far date by direct date selection using datepicker
- Selectable user fields: name, first name, last name, email, address, phone, city, postcode
- A percentage or fixed amount of service price can be asked as down payment (prepayment) to confirm a booking automatically
- Bookings can be automatically confirmed upon submisson, or left in pending status until manually confirmed
- Redirection of client to any page or url after successful booking
Listing of Bookings on the Front End
- Client can view own bookings, plus admin can view any other client’s or all bookings
- Display according to status, start and end dates
- Dynamic search, filtering and sorting of the booking list
- Selectable and custom sortable columns
- Different selectable columns for mobile devices to use screen efficiently
- Cancellation of bookings by the client using confirmation email or button on the website with adjustable limit time
Booking and Editing on the Admin Side
- Manual Booking by admin on behalf of a client, e.g. appointments accepted over phone or email
- Manual booking can be selected to respect the same availability conditions as the front end
- Fast manual booking for repeat customers by Rebook button with selecting first available time
- Filtering of bookings by month, service and balance (negative/positive)
- Search over booking ids, user names, emails, booking note and any of the client fields
- Selecting and editing multiple bookings by a single or multiple admins
- Bulk status change of selected bookings possible
- Automatic email sending with separate custom templates for confirmation, pending, cancellation, completion states
- Sending of test emails to check configuration
- Multiple email addresses can be defined for multiple admins
- Automatic and manual sending of notification emails for each appointment status
- Possibility to use all booking and user variables in the templates
- Possibility to use list of bookings shortcode in the email templates, i.e. inform user about their past, future or all bookings
Look and Feel
- Booking in list/table view or weekly or monthly calendars, selectable within the shortcode and auto switching for mobile devices
- Selection from 12 included jQuery UI standard themes to match your WordPress theme
- Custom jQuery UI theme or css file can be created to override existing styles and saved against being overwritten by plugin updates
- Tinymce helper with clean decription of attributes to insert and edit shortcodes on post editor
- Inline settings help inside the plugin
- Further documentation available at WP BASE.com
- Automatic adaptation to time and date formats, start day of the week settings of WordPress
- All front end messages and texts can be easily customized or translated on admin side without any additional tool
- Ready for translation for other (admin side) texts
- Support for RTL and calendars starting on Saturday, Sunday and Monday
- Integrated Native Object Caching
- Lazy Load function for fast page loading
- Compatible to major caching plugins
- Free from PHP sessions. No front end cookie writing (cookies are set with ajax). Thus graceful to server side caching
- Scalable to virtually unlimited bookings, services and providers
- Integrated Custom Functions tab which can be used to add own php codes without the need for modifying php files. Sandbox feature to contain compile errors
- About 300 WordPress hooks for further customization (With addons more than 800)
- Automatic recognition of shortcodes in page templates
- Functions to read/add/edit/delete bookings, services, providers
- Debug mode to help locate errors
- Automatic removal of unconfirmed (pending) bookings after a preset time
- Client can cancel own bookings using link in email, or their account, if allowed so
- Client can confirm own booking using link in email, e.g. to verify their email address
- Admin side schedules display bookings in 1 week, 4 weeks, 1 month and 3 month calendar view. Free slots are clickable to add a new booking
- Clients can be automatically registered as WordPress users upon submission and notified about their registration
- User page that displays user submitted values and booking list is automatically created for clients
- Admin toolbar submenu to access plugin created pages
- Use of popular, standard libraries like jQuery UI, qtip2, dataTables
- Can be used in popups (Popup Maker)
- Compatible with major page builders and caching plugins
- Admin side graphical reports for bookings and revenue
With Advanced Features Premium Addon
- Advanced Features Addon is a must use for professional websites. It extends functionality and display of your website in several ways.
- Configurable confirmation and pending message popup with HTML support
- Configurable Terms & Conditions popup on front end. If enabled, client cannot apply without confirming terms
- Additional booking View “Flex View” which combines advantages of all other views into one
- Possibility to define tablets as mobile device
- Additional modular Shortcodes to customize functions and page layout easily, with more shortcode parameters
- Selectable “Login required” option with ajax front-end login over Google, Facebook, Twitter and WordPress accounts
- Post types for service and provider description pages can be selected
- Bookings can be accepted even if start time has been elapsed
- Expired appointments can be automatically deleted after a lead time
- Admin side theme can be selected
- Ability to use all shortcodes and/or any rich text in widgets with TinyMCE support
- Sidebar widgets can be used for booking
- Widgets can be excluded or included per page and per widget instance basis
- GDPR compliance from WP 4.9.6 (Erase and export user data upon user request)
- Service duration can be set in days, up to 30 days
- Possibility to define Trial Services for which clients can make booking for limited number of times
With Service Providers Premium Addon
- Service Providers Addon allows assigning members of your website as staff who will provide your services.
- Unlimited number of service providers can be defined
- Providers can be assigned to one or more services
- Providers can view their assignments in weekly, 4 weeks, monthly and 3 months calendars on their user page
- Providers can be randomly assigned to an appointment if client does not have a preference
- Providers can have additional prices
- Providers can create/edit/delete own services, confirm/edit own bookings, manage own working hours and holidays if set so
- First provider, then service can be picked on front end
With Extended Service Features & Categories Free Addon
- Extended Service Features & Categories Addon allows several website settings to be applied per service. It also adds category support to services.
- Before and after padding times, refundable deposit for each service can be defined
- Services can be marked as internal, making them available only on admin side
- In time slot creation, fixed time method can be used instead of service duration
- Lead times and limits, i.e. minimum and maximum times to accept bookings, can be set per service
- Categories for services can be defined. A service can be assigned to multiple categories
Other Premium and Free Addons
- BuddyPress: Adds settings, list of bookings and calendars on BuddyPress front end user pages.
- Coupons: Applies discount over total payable amount upon submission of coupon code. Start and end dates, maximum usage, applicable services and/or providers can be selected.
- Custom Pricing: Payment and down payment amounts can be formulated depending on any variable, for example to apply special price for happy hours
- Credits: Adds a deposit system to your website that allows your clients to purchase credit points and then redeem it at a later point for your services.
- Export & Import: Allows export and import of WP BASe settings and database tables to/from another site/subsite. Includes import option from Appointments by WPMU DEV.
- Extras: Allows adding unlimited number of “extras” which can be used to offer selectable additional service options to the client. Extras can be applied to locations, services and service providers.
- Event Bookings: Any post/page/custom post can be easily configured to be bookable as event
- Front End Edit: Allows client edit their bookings, reschedule appointments, modify user fields on the front end. Admins or any user with selected capability, e.g. editors, can also edit others’ bookings using the same interface
- Front End Booking Management: Allows admin or any user with selected capability add and edit all bookings and submitted user fields on the front end
- Google Calendar: Integrates Google Calendar with WP BASE. Any new booking can be added to GCal as a new event and any new event entered in GCal can be added as a new booking in WP BASE. Updates in case of editing and cancellation are automatic.
- Group Bookings: Allows client book for more than one person with a single booking. Client can provide a list of participants who can also receive emails
- Locations: Services can be assigned to one or more location. This feature can also be used to group services and limit their availability depending on capacity, e.g. multiple doctors using a single examination room
- Multi Language: Allows booking selections and variables to be displayed in preferred language of the visitor
- Online Meetings: Allows integration with Zoom video/audio conferencing system
- Packages: Allows admin combine two or more services as jobs of a package and sell them as a single service. Time delays between service jobs can be set.
- Payment Gateways: 2checkout, authorize.net AIM, Paymill, Paypal Standard, Paypal Express, Simplify by Mastercard, Stripe support available. Also Manual Payments free addon allows adding and editing records for offline (bank transfer, cheque, cash) payments
- PDF Attachments: Allows dynamically creating PDF files with booking details and attach them to emails
- Recurring Appointments: Allows clients select recurring appointments on the front end with selectable recurring frequencies daily, every other day, weekly, biweekly and monthly.
- Reminder & Follow-up emails: Sends automatic reminder emails to clients before appointment time and to clients whose bookings have negative balance and below a set amount
- Seasonal Working Hours: Allows weekly “alternative” schedules to be defined and assigned to services and service providers, making it possible to create working hour settings changing every week within the year, e.g. for shift work
- Shopping Cart: Allows client book multiple appointments with a single checkout. Minimum and maximum number of appointments per booking is selectable. Can be used to book on different pages and make a single checkout on any page.
- SMS: Sends SMS messages as confirmation, pending, cancellation, completion and reminder using Twilio service. Different message templates for different groups (client, provider, admin) can be used.
- Quotas: Different quotas (maximum number of future or completed bookings) can be set per service. Different quotas can be defined per week days, weekend days and holidays, per week and per month.
- Test Bookings: Given number of partly or fully random test bookings can be created for test purposes.
- Time Zone Selection: Automatically dedect client time zone to let them display available time slots in their own time zones. Also comes with a time zone selector which can be used to override automatic dedection. Emails can include times in client time zone. Service providers can configure their working hours in their time zone. Admin can view working hours of everyone in any time zone.
- User Defined Fields: Allows admin add unlimited number of fields in the confirmation form. Text, textarea, option/select and checkbox fields are supported. User defined select/option functions can be added.
- Variable Durations: Allows service durations to be variable based on date, time and/or provider. Also allows clients pick desired duration for configured services within set limits
- Waiting List: Allows clients to apply for a waiting list when desired time slot is full. When there is an opening in the service, clients in the waiting list are informed by email.
- Woocommerce: Integrates with WooCommerce and allows selling of services as Woocommerce products
- WP BASE Developer Package: includes all current and future addons usable in multiple client websites