The WP Auto Republish plugin helps revive old posts by resetting the published date to the current date. This will push old posts to your front page, the top of archive pages, and back into RSS feeds. Ideal for sites with a large repository of evergreen content.
Like WP Auto Republish plugin? Consider leaving a 5 star review.
Why would you want to do this? Here are a few reasons:
- New visitors to your site haven’t seen your old content. This will help them discover it.
- Old content won’t show up in date-based searches on search engines, but resetting the date can make them look fresh again.
- People like to share and link to new content, and they determine that by looking at the publication date.
- It will highlight older posts by moving them back to front page and in the RSS feed.
- WP Auto Republish will improve your blog visibility, traffic and SEO!
- And also Google likes updated content if it’s done right.
What does this plugin do?
This plugin helps revive old posts by resetting the published date to the current date and push old posts to your front page, the top of archive pages, and back into RSS feeds.
Note: All basic functionality is FREE. Features such as single post republishing, repeated republishing & triggering publish events are available in the Premium Edition.
- Automatically republish your all posts.
- Set minimum republish interval and randomness interval.
- Display original publication date Before/After post.
- Exclude or include posts by category or tags.
- Force exclude/include posts by their ID.
- Can select post in ASC / DESC order.
- Compatible with any timezone.
- Automatically purge site cache (limited) after republishing.
- Supports all free version features.
- Custom post types support.
- Custom taxonomies support.
- Individual post republishing (also supports repeated).
- Scheduled post republishing.
- Date & time based republishing.
- Custom post republish interval.
- Custom title for each republish event.
- Trigger publish event at the time of republish.
- Automatic Site or Single Post Cache Purge Support (supports most of the cache plugins and hosting platforms)
- Custom date range for republishing.
- Can use dates in post permalinks.
- Change Post Status after Last Republish.
- One click instant republish.
- Show all republished history in logs.
- Can use dates in post permalinks.
- Can change the post name on every republish.
- Shows all single upcoming republication in a dashboard widget.
- Shows single republication info in a admin column.
- Can hide last original published info from frontend.
Upgrade to WP Auto Republish Premium now. You can also upgrade to Premium Version directly from your dashboard.
Free and Premium Support
Support for the WP Auto Republish plugin on the WordPress forums is free.
Premium world-class support is available via email to all WP Auto Republish Premium customers.
Note: Paid customers support is always given priority over free support. Paid customers support is provided via one-to-one email. Upgrade to Premium to benefit from priority support.
- This plugin is tested with W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache, WP Rocket, WP Fastest Cache, Cachify, Comet Cache, Zen Cache, LiteSpeed Cache, SG Optimizer, HyperCache, Cache Enabler, Swift Performance Lite, Nginx Cache, Proxy Cache, Nginx Helper Cache, Autoptimize, Breeze (Cloudways), Godaddy Managed WordPress Hosting and WP Engine and fully compatible with WordPress Version 4.7 and beyond and also compatible with any WordPress theme.
- Community support via the support forums at WordPress.org.
- Active development of this plugin is handled on GitHub.
- Feel free to fork the project on GitHub and submit your contributions via pull request.
- Simplified Chinese (zh_CN) by Changmeng Hu
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’.
- Search for ‘WP Auto Republish’ and install it.
- Or you can upload the
wp-auto-republishfolder to the
- Activate WP Auto Republish from your Plugins page.
After activation go to ‘Settings > WP Auto Republish’.
Configure plugins settings according to your need and save changes.