THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE & EASY TO USE WORDPRESS ACTIVITY LOG PLUGIN
Keep an activity log of everything that happens on your WordPress sites and multisite networks with the WP Activity Log plugin to:
- Ensure user productivity
- Improve user accountability
- Ease troubleshooting
- Know exactly what all your users are doing
- Better manage & organize your WordPress site & users
- Easily spot suspicious behavior before there are security problems.
WP Activity Log is the most comprehensive real time user activity and monitoring log plugin. It helps thousands of WordPress administrators and security professionals keep an eye on what is happening on their websites. It is also the most highly rated WordPress activity log plugin and have been featured on popular sites such as GoDaddy, Kinsta and WPBeginner.
Note: The WordPress activity log is FREE. Features such as reports, email notifications, SMS alerts, search and many others are available in the Premium Edition.
Maintained & Supported by WP White Security
WP White Security builds high-quality niche WordPress security & management plugins such as Password Policy Manager for WordPress, a plugin with which you can ensure all your users use strong passwords.
Browse our list of WordPress plugins that can help you better manage and improve the security of your WordPress websites and users.
WordPress Changes & Details the Plugin Keeps a Log Of
As a comprehensive & complete WordPress activity log solution WP Activity Log does not just tell you that a post, a user profile, or an object was updated. It tells you exactly what was changed within the post, the user profile, or the object.
Below is a summary of the changes that the plugin can keep a record of:
Post, Page and Custom Post Type changes such as status, content changes, title, URL, custom field & other metadata changes
Tags and Categories changes such as creating, modifying or deleting them, and adding or removing them from posts
Widgets and Menus changes such as creating, modifying or deleting them
User changes such as user created or registered, deleted or added to a site on multisite network
User profile changes such as password, email, display name and role changes
User activity such as login, logout, failed logins and terminating other sessions
WordPress core and settings changes such as installed updates, permalinks, default role, URL and other site-wide changes
WordPress multisite network changes such as adding, deleting or archiving sites, adding or removing users from sites etc (activity logs for multisite networks).
Plugins and Themes changes such as installing, activating, deactivating, uninstalling and updating them
WordPress database changes such as when a plugin adds or removes a table
Changes on WooCommerce Stores & Products, Yoast SEO, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), MainWP and other popular WordPress plugins.
WordPress site file changes such as new files are added, or existing ones are modified or deleted.
For every event that the plugin keeps a log of it also reports the:
- Date & time (and milliseconds) of when it happened,
- User & role of the user who did the change,
- Source IP address from where the change happened.
Refer to WordPress activity log event IDs for a complete list of all the changes WP Activity Log can keep a record of.
Extend the Functionality of WP Activity Log
- See who is logged,
- See what everyone is doing in real time,
- Log off any user with just a click,
- Generate HTML and CSV reports,
- Export the activity log in CSV (ideal for integrations),
- Get notified via email of important changes,
- Get instant SMS message notifications of critical site changes,
- Search the activity log using text-based searches,
- Use built-in filters to fine tune the searches,
- Store activity log in an external database to improve security,
- Mirror the WordPress activity logs to Slack, Papertrail, Syslog and other central log management and collaboration solutions,
- Configure archiving and mirroring of logs.
Refer to the features page for more detailed information on the plugin’s features.
Free and Premium Support
Support for WP Activity Log is free on the WordPress support forums.
Premium world-class support is available via email to all WP Activity Log Premium customers.
Note: paid customers support is given priority and is provided via one-to-one email and over the phone. Upgrade to Premium to benefit from priority support.
Other Noteworthy Features
Apart from the activity logs and the already mentioned features, WP Activity Log has a number of non-logging specific features that make it a complete WordPress logging solution, such as:
- Built-in support for reverse proxies and web application firewalls
- Full WordPress multisite support
- Easily create your custom alerts to monitor additional functionality
- Developer tools including the logging of all HTTP GET and POST requests
- Integration with WhatIsMyIpAddress.com so you can get all information about an IP address with just a mouse click
- Limit who can view the WordPress activity log by either users or roles
- Limit who can manage the plugin
- Settings to enable or disable individual event IDs from the activity log
- Configurable dashboard widget highlighting the most recent critical activity
- Configurable WordPress activity log retention policies
- User avatar is shown in the events for better recognizability
- and much more…
Refer to the WordPress activity log plugin datasheet for a complete list of features.
As Featured On:
- Shout Me Loud
- The Dev Couple
- WP SmackDown
- Collective Ray
- Design Wall
- Tidy Repo
- Monster Post
- The Darknet
WP Activity Log in your language!
We need help translating the plugin and the activity log events. Please visit the WordPress Translate Project to translate the plugin. Drop us an email on [email protected] to get mentioned in the list of translators below.
- Italian translation by Leonardo Musumeci
- German translation by Mourad Louha
- Brazilian Portuguese translation by Hudson Santos
- Spanish translation by the WP Body team
- French translations by Denis Moscato
WP Activity Log extensions for third party plugins
- WP Activity Log for WooCommerce: When you install this extension you keep a log of changes your team does to the WooCommerce store settings, orders, products, coupons _ much more.
- WP Activity Log for WPForms: When you install this extension you keep a log of changes your team does in the WPForms plugin, forms, form files, entries (leads) and more.
- Activity Log for MainWP: With this MainWP extension you keep a log of the MainWP network changes and can see the activity logs of all child sites from one central location – the MainWP dashboard.
- WP Activity Log for bbPress: With this extension you can keep a log of changes in bbPress forums, topics, bbPress settings and more.
Related Links and Documentation
- What is the WordPress activity log?
- List of WordPress activity log event IDs
- WordPress Multisite Features
- WP Activity Log support for reverse proxies & WAFs
- WP Activity Log database documentation
- The WP Activity Log plugin website
- Activity logs for MainWP
Install WP Activity Log from within WordPress
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘WP Activity Log’
- Install and activate the WP Activity Log plugin
- Allow or skip diagnostic tracking
Install WP Activity Log manually
- Upload the
wp-security-audit-logdirectory to the
- Activate the WP Activity Log plugin from the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Allow or skip diagnostic tracking