A FREE & EASY TO USE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION PLUGIN FOR WORDPRESS
Add an extra layer of security to your WordPress website login page and its users. Enable two-factor authentication (2FA), the best protection against users using weak passwords, and automated password guessing and brute force attacks.
Use the WP 2FA plugin to enable two-factor authentication for your WordPress administrator user, and to enforce your website users, or some of them to use 2FA. This plugin is very easy to use. It has wizards with clear instructions, so even non technical users can setup 2FA without requiring technical assistance.
Maintained & Supported by WP White Security
WP White Security builds high-quality niche WordPress security & admin plugins such as Password Policy Manager, a plugin with which you can ensure all your users use strong passwords.
Browse our list of WordPress plugins that can help you better manage and improve the security of your WordPress websites and users.
WP 2FA Key plugin features & capabilities
- Free Two-factor authentication (2FA) for all users
- Supports TOTP (code from 2FA apps like Google Authenticator and Authy) and OTP (email based codes)
- Supports 2FA backup codes
- Very easy to use and wizard driven
- Use policies to enforce 2FA with a grace period or require your users to instantly setup 2FA upon login
- Protection against automated password guessing and dictionary attacks
FREE Plugin Support
Support for the WP 2FA plugin is available for free via:
For any other queries, feedback, or if you simply want to get in touch with us please use our contact form.
Related Links and Documentation
- What is Two-factor authentication
- Why you need both 2FA & strong passwords
- Setting up Google authenticator for WordPress 2FA
- List of supported 2FA apps
- Prevention is the way to go in WordPress Security
- Official WP 2FA plugin page
From within WordPress
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘WP 2FA’
- Install & activate the WP 2FA from your Plugins page.
- Download the plugin from the WordPress plugins repository
- Unzip the zip file and upload the
wp-2fafolder to the
- Activate the WWP 2FA plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress