Add a classified ads section to your WordPress site, quickly and easily with AWPCP (Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin). Create classifieds listings from cars to yard sales.
Lots of features, very configurable. Easy to setup. Great support.
We’ve been the #1 WordPress Classified Ads Plugin for 10+ years.
Classified Ads Features
- Search your classified directory by city, state, country, username, or keyword
- Allow AdSense ads to be displayed in your classified directory with configurable ad placement
- Control over HTML use in your classifieds
- Limit the text size of ad postings
- Standard form fields can be enabled or disabled, depending on your needs (title, website, name, country, etc)
- Allow or disallow image posting with listing ads
- Automatic expiration of classified ads (free or paid)
- Classified ads can have a “Tweet This” button in their layout
- Classified ads can have a “Share on Facebook” button in their layout
- Classified ads can be flagged by community for bad/offensive content
- Classified ads can imported via CSV files
- Classified ad listings support embedded videos
- Classified ads can have character limits, supported by plans (different plans can have different limits)
- Classified ads can be displayed on any page for a single category using shortcodes
- Auto-verify ads with email links to post immediately upon click
- Classified ads can be ‘Sent to Facebook’ inside of ad management
- Support for displaying ad events in BuddyPress activity stream with BuddyPress module
- Classified ads can be edited via front end, back end with or without registration (depending on settings)
- Multiple levels of directory categories supported
WordPress Classified Plugin Notification Features
- Allow posters to be notified of expiring ads, renewals, and approvals of ads
- Allow admin to be notified when new ads are posted, ads are edited and much more
- Classified ad users can contact the ad poster without exposing the poster’s email (blind email system, similar to Craigslist)
- Admin can (optionally) be notified of expiring ads
Ad Listing Payment Features
- Allows for paid or free classifieds
- Supports PayPal, PayPal Pro, Authorize.net, PayFast, Stripe and 2Checkout for paid ads
- Allow for image posting limits higher than free ads
- Multiple fee scales for posting ads (allows you to have longer ad postings with higher fees)
- Variable ad expiration lengths connected to fee scale (e.g. allow ads to run for 30 days for $10, 60 days for $15, etc)
- Supports a “credit system” or pay with regular currency per ad. Mix and match if you want.
- Support for ad “subscriptions” (packages of ads for a single price)
Posting Controls for your WordPress classified ads
- Allow admin to approve ads prior to posting
- Allow admin to approve images prior to posting
- Users can edit or delete their own classifieds
- Admin can edit or delete all ads in the system
- Secure system gives users a unique editing key to administer their own classified ads
- Allows for limiting image posting (by image size, height, width and total count if desired)
- Anti-spam checks for all ads posted via Akismet.
- Flagged ads can be viewed separately to determine violations, and then deleted or unflagged.
- Ad Management panel, visible by users and admins for easier ad creation/editing/delete.
- Admin can post ads on behalf of other users with the ads displaying as if the user posted them initially
- Email verification step can be used to auto-post ads upon successful verification link click
- Ads can be posted to a Facebook page manually or automatically
Classified Directory Image Features
- Allow image posting or shut it off completely
- Control the number, filesize, height and width of images posted
- Allow for different numbers of images to be posted with paid ads vs. free classified ads
- Allow for image approval prior to posting
- Allow users to add a primary image to their ad listing (Great for car listings and real-estate listings)
- Now supports multi-image asynchronous loading
Premium Classified Modules (Add-on modules, not included in our free classified website builder)
- Extra Fields – allows you to add any custom fields for display. For example, if you have a pet-related board, you might have “Sex”, “Breed”, and “Dam/Sire” as additional fields you require for display. Supports search and custom ordering of fields.
- Region Control – allows you to restrict viewing of ads based on locale, so users don’t see items they aren’t physically near them, also allows customization of the region types, such as village, borough, etc.
- Featured Ads – allows you to promote certain ads over others by charging a fee for them, featured ads are displayed using CSS to highlight them. Featured ads are always returned first in a category, the overall ad list, or in search results. Also has a widget for placement anywhere on your site. Full admin control of featured ads, too
- BuddyPress – allows users to manage their listing ads in the BuddyPress profile directly, see events from ad posting in the activity stream and more
- Fee per Category – allows you to charge for certain categories and not others, giving you more freedom on how to configure your classified section. Allows for multiple fee plans per category, as well as a default plan to cover “all other unspecified” categories
- Subscriptions – allows power users to place blocks of ads at a time, great for real estate agents, car dealers, anyone who wants to place ads in bulk
- Comments/Ratings – allow users to rate classified ads, and add ratings and comments on listings
- RSS Feeds – allows you syndicate your classifieds for your users to download in their favorite RSS reader and come back to your site more often!
- Coupons/Discounts – allows you to offer coupon codes for ad promotions to your users, coupons can be a percent off, or a fixed amount, have expiration dates and be tracked by usage
- Category Icons – adds small icons to give visual cues to your user for each directory category in AWP Classifieds Plugin
- Mark as Sold – allows users to mark for sale items as sold to keep content in your classifieds, but clarify availability
- Attachments – allows users to attach PDFs, text files or other images to their classifieds (great for job boards!)
- Ad Campaign Manager – put your own advertisements into the classifieds in 5 different positions
- ZIP Search – search for ads that have address fields within a radius of a postal code
- Restricted Categories – restrict content from users unless they accept a disclaimer from your site
Premium Payment Gateways for Paid Classified Listings
Want to accept credit cards on your site for paid listings in your classifieds directory? Choose from any of our extra payment processors.
- Stripe – accept payments via Stripe for AWPCP ads
- PayPal Pro – allows you to have an embedded payment form on your site for use with PayPal Pro accounts
- Authorize.net Gateway – allows users to purchase ads, subscriptions and credit plans using Authorize.net
- PayFast – accept payments via PayFast for South Africa (ZAR) for AWPCP ads
These are just some of the features of Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin
For more information and support please visit awpcp.com
If you love Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin, please consider purchasing a Premium Module!
Pre-installation note: If you have previously tried other WordPress classified plugins and you plan to give the classifieds page created by Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin the same name as previously used with other classifieds plugins you’ve installed, please make sure your database has been cleared of any entries in the wp_posts table where the post_name value and the post_title value are the same as the name you plan to give your classifieds page.
For example, if your classifieds page will be named “Classifieds”, you might have a wp_posts database entry post_title value of “Classifieds” and post_name value of “classifieds” still left over from previous installations of other classifieds plugins.
You need to check your database to make sure data from your previous classifieds plugins does not still exist. Specifically, you need to delete all entries from your wp_posts table where the post_title and post_name values are the same as what you plan to name your classifieds page.
- Upload the folder another-wordpress-classifieds-plugin with its contents to wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin
- Click on the “Click here to setup your site options” link and fill out all your various options to configure how you want your classifieds to run.
- After you have setup your options you should create some categories and sub categories for your classifieds
- After you have created your categories you should setup your payment fees if you are going to be running in pay mode.
Your classifieds should now be ready and working.