Retain your iPhone site visitors using push notifications. Send updates using push notifications to your iOS website visitors.
To use this plugin you need an active plan on Wise Notifications.
Why do I need this plugin?
Web push notifications (browser notifications) are not supported by iOS devices, such as iPhone or iPad. Even if you use other services to send browser notifications, this is not possible for iOS. This plugin allows you to send push notifications to your iPhone/iPad visitors through our iOS App. Your visitors can easily subscribe: it takes only one tap to subscribe for push notifications if they have the Wise Notifications iOS app installed or two taps if they don’t.
I am already sending newsletters, why sending push notifications?
Push notifications have a better engagement rate (better CTR), are easy to subscribe to – one tap is enough, can be more anonymous etc.
Why web push notifications for iOS?
Around 29% of site visitors from the USA are using iOS¹. That means that even if you are currently using browser notifications, you are missing almost 1/3 of your audience.
Did you know that recent study² by the University of Chicago found that there is a correlation between iPhone/iPad ownership and how wealth, namely no individual brand is as predictive of being high-income as owning an Apple iPhone? So, to send push notifications to iOS devices could prove very productive with a great ROI.
How it works?
- Subscribe to a plan on Wise Notifications.
- Complete site setup (takes less than 5 min and step by step guide is available).
- A widget is added to your website so the users can subscribe to your notifications.
- Once subscribed and Wise Notifications App installed, your visitors will get a notification when you publish a new post/page (including custom posts).
For detailed instructions, see the Installation section.
PRO TIP: if you use OneSignal to send browser notifications, then Wise Notifications plugin will send iOS push notifications considering your OneSignal plugin setting – that is, every time a notification is sent by OneSignal, an iOS push notification will also be sent by Wise Notifications.
iOS, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
- Download the plugin archive.
- Upload and uncompress it in “/wp-content/plugins/” directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Subscribe to plan and add your domain in your Wise Notifications account.
- Set Site ID, API Key and Subscribe URL in your WordPress Wise Notifications settings page, i.e Settings -> Wise Notifications.
- Enjoy and profit!