Super Simple Event Calendar is an event calendar for people who just want something simple for events.
The goal is to provide a simple way to show events to your visitors.
Current features include:
- Shortcode with a list of future events.
- Widget to display future events.
- Simple and clean admin interface that integrates seamlessly into WordPress admin.
- Localization. Own languages can be added very easily through GlotPress.
If you have a problem or a feature request, please post it on the plugin’s support forum on wordpress.org. I will do my best to respond as soon as possible.
If you send me an email, I will not reply. Please use the support forum.
Translations can be added very easily through GlotPress.
You can start translating strings there for your locale. They need to be validated though, so if there’s no validator yet, and you want to apply for being validator (PTE), please post it on the support forum.
I will make a request on make/polyglots to have you added as validator for this plugin/locale.
Check out the demo at my local chess club Pegasus.
This plugin is compatible with ClassicPress.
- Install the plugin through the admin page “Plugins”.
- Alternatively, unpack and upload the contents of the zipfile to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Place the shortcode ‘[super_simple_event_calendar]’ in a page.
- Add Events through the admin menu.
How to add events and format them
What I do is use the title field for the date and possibly day. Use the content for content, description and everything.
In the publishing postbox I set the date to the end date and end time of the event, so it will be listed under future events for as long as it lasts.
The plugin itself is released under the GNU General Public License. A copy of this license can be found at the license homepage or in the super-simple-event-calendar.php file at the top.