Manage and display your events with multiple views, color-coded categories, recurrence, widgets, shortcodes, and a responsive calendar. The premium Bonus Add-Ons supplements the plugin with additional themes, customizer support, ICS export, front end submit.
Click here for helpful CSS snippets.
Click here to learn about Bonus Add-Ons.
- Standard monthly calendar grid
- Responsive 3-column event listing
- Mini-calendar view for compact displays
- Weekly calendar grid
- Today’s events list
- Upcoming events list
- Featured event
- Today’s events list
- Upcoming events list
- Mini Calendar
- Color-coded categories
- Option to display category color as background or foreground on the standard calendar grid
- Displays may be filtered by category list
- Optional sort categories alphabetically
- Mouse-over details for each event
- Normal popup or expanded display of lists
- Events can display their author (optional)
- Add custom CSS styles or just use the defaults
- Display upcoming events in your MailPoet newsletters
- Display week number in the full calendar
- Filters to allow additional formatting
- Optional responsive display for the full size calendar
- Optional drop down boxes to quickly change month and year
Enter and display for each event:
- link to Google map,
- event category,
- event start/end date
- event start/end time
- event recurrence details
- event hiding details
- event image
Schedule a wide variety of recurring events.
- Events can repeat on a daily (set numbers of days), weekly, monthly (by date), monthly (by day of week) or yearly basis
- Repeats can occur indefinitely or a limited number of times
- Events can span more than one day
Hide all events for specific days:
- Hide repeating event for a single day such as a holiday
- Hide full days of events that span more than one day
- Substitute new title to replace hidden events
- Select override based on category
Easy to use events manager in admin dashboard
- Comprehensive options panel for admin
- Event management list with configurable column display, sort by date or category, filter by event status, event search
- User groups other than admin can be permitted to manage events
- Authors can be restricted to editing their own events only
- Events can be links pointing to a location of your choice
- Events can be marked as draft or pending to remove them from displays
BONUS FEATURES AVAILABLE WITH DONATION
- Premium themes
- Live theme customizer
- ICS export
- Front End submit form with captcha
- Front End edit/delete events
- Import/Export events via CSV
- Dutch (Courtesy Joek Brongers)
- French (Courtesy Mathieu Gaunet, www.mathieugaunet.com, [email protected])
- German (Courtesy Ingrid Maie)
- Polish (Courtesy of Krzysztof Kacprzyk)
- Spanish (Courtesy of Andrew Kurtis, WebHostingHub)
- Swedish (Courtesy of Kenneth Andersson)
- Turkish (Courtesy Dr Abdullah Manaz, www.manaz.net)
Install the plugin from the WordPress repository in the usual way.
Activate the plugin on your WordPress plugins page
Configure Calendar using the following pages in the admin panel:
Spiffy Calendar -> Events
Spiffy Calendar -> Categories
Spiffy Calendar -> Options
Edit or create a page on your blog which includes one of the shortcodes:
[spiffy-calendar] for the monthly calendar
[spiffy-minical] for the mini version of the monthly calendar
[spiffy-upcoming-list] for the upcoming events list
[spiffy-todays-list] for the list of today’s events
Add one of the spiffy widgets to your theme widget areas.
All of the shortcodes and widgets accept a comma separated list of category IDs, such as cat_list=’1,4′. The category list must be a numeric list of the category number, not the category name.
The list shortcodes and widgets also accept an optional limit and style selection (Popup or Expanded). Popup is the default, classic style.
You can use the spiffy-upcoming-list expanded style shortcode in your MailPoet newsletter, with the following format (including arguments if needed):
[custom:spiffy-upcoming-list style=”Expanded” …]
If you are upgrading from Version 2 you will need to re-add your widgets after upgrading to Version 3.
It is recommended that you reset your calendar styles to the default. However, if you performed customization on your styles and don’t wish to lose your customization, you should check that the calendar is still displaying as expected. Default styles are now always loaded; custom CSS will be appended to the default styles. This change will allow for proper future style updates.