The Smooth Page Scroll Up/Down Buttons plugin for WordPress adds buttons to every page of your site, that can be used to (smoothly) scroll up or down exactly one screen/page at a time. This can be particularly handy for pages with a lot of text/content, or in cases wherever a browser’s scrollbar is just not good enough (or not present at all, like on tablets) to enable one-click, one-screen scrolling.
BONUS BUTTON! Optionally, you can add a “Back to top” button, that will take the visitor right back to the very top of the page.
- Button positioning: choose between three options of where you want the buttons to appear — next to eachother at the bottom right, on top of eachother at the bottom right, or one at the top right and the other at the bottom right.
- Scrolling distance: scroll a full page with each click, half a page, or however far you want.
- Button size: choose the size of the buttons.
- Scrolling speed: set the speed at which pages should scroll from one page to another.
- ‘Back to top’ button: optionally, include an additional button that takes the user back to the very top of the page.
- Upload the “smooth-page-scroll-updown-buttons” directory to your “wp-content/plugins” directory.
- In your WordPress admin, go to PLUGINS and activate “Smooth Page Scroll Up/Down Buttons”
- Go to SETTINGS – SMOOTH SCROLL PAGE UP/DOWN BUTTONS
- Choose the layout (where you want the buttons to appear) and the scroll speed