Edit posts, pages, or custom post types by adding a “/edit” to the end of the URL. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to log in in order to edit the item.
Send clients pretty URLs to the admin instead of a ton of query variables!
The “/edit” functionality also works on author and taxonomy archives, and if you have a page assigned as your front page of your site.
This is useful if:
- You are not logged in, and want an easy shortcut to edit an item.
- You hate the admin bar and have disabled it, but still want an easy shortcut to edit an item.
- You have clients. Send them a pretty URL with “/edit” on the end.
- Just unzip and upload the “slash-edit” folder to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress