SiteTree is a lightweight solution to enhancing a WordPress website with a Site Tree, a Google (Image) Sitemap and a News Sitemap. Developed prioritising user-friendliness, SiteTree is plug-and-play and nearly independent from user input.
An overview of the major features:
A Family of Dynamic Sitemaps
Be it a Site Tree, a Google Sitemap or a Google News Sitemap, the sitemap of your choice will always be up-to-date.
Where you can control the activation of the sitemaps and the enabling of the automatic pinging functionality, choose which types of content to include, reorder the lists composing the Site Tree with a drag-and-drop, and generally know details about the building process and the latest pinging events.
Two WordPress-like settings pages, together with the SiteTree Dashboard, are where all your customisations take place. No need to be a developer to use SiteTree.
Custom Post Types Support
You can include in the sitemaps any kind of content, custom or built-in. Yes, even in the Google News Sitemap.
Exclude and Disallow
Posts, pages and custom posts can be excluded from the sitemaps directly from the editor screen of WordPress. And with no more than a tick of a checkbox you can add to the ‘robots.txt’ file generated by WordPress a
Disallow rule for each web page excluded from the Google Sitemap.
Automated and Upon-request Pinging
SiteTree can ping Google both on request, and automatically whenever a permalink is added to the Google Sitemap or to the News Sitemap. And when the subject of the notification is the Google Sitemap, there is always a second ping ready to reach Bing.
This is a Ghost Page
When a page is flagged as Ghost Page, SiteTree automatically excludes the page from the Site Tree and the Google Sitemap, prevents the WP Super Cache plugin from caching the page and hides the page from crawlers without showing up its path in the ‘robots.txt’ file.
More info and the complete documentation are available on LuigiCavalieri.com.
A feature-loaded Site Tree:
- Drag-and-drop reordering of the lists composing the Site Tree.
- Hierarchical and flat list styles.
- De-hyperlinking of parent pages up to the third level — New
- Exclude all child pages.
- Order pages by menu order or title.
- Group posts by date, category or author with the ability to toggle the hyperlinking of the group’s title — Updated
- Order posts by title, publication date or popularity.
- Order custom posts by title or publication date.
- Stick featured posts on top.
- Show an excerpt of user defined length for posts.
- Show authors’ avatar and biographical info.
- Exclude specific web pages.
Equipped with functionalities like the Pinging Log and the Site Tree Pagination, SiteTree Pro comes with 1 year of automatic updates and technical support. Do check out SiteTree Pro!
Upload in the ‘plugins’ folder, and activate.