Simple Post Series with SEO! uses a WordPress shortcode to associate your posts together, with a little extra SEO mojo for good measure. All you have to do is use the shortcode in each of the posts you want in the same series and the plugin does the rest. It automatically finds all of the posts with the same shortcode, organizes them by publication date, and presents them in a professional and easy to read format with appropriate SEO tags. If you wish to change the formating, you can just add your own custom CSS to your theme.
I’ve now added a button to the TinyMCE text editor that will allow you to select a series shortcode from the list of titles you’ve already used. (Don’t worry! I’m working on a button for the visual editor…)
If you like this plugin, please give it a 5-star rating over here –>
This simple series plugin doesn’t clutter up your WordPress installation with unnecessary settings. It doesn’t create extra tables, content types, or taxonomies. It doesn’t require a special version of WordPress or the very latest features of PHP or MySQL. Neither are there any unnecessary options, buttons, settings to mess with.
And, you can always visit my website (It’s mostly about awesome open source robots, if you’re into that kinda thing).
To Do List
- Create an uninstall button – it would delete ALL post meta info that was associated with a key of “mbk_simple_series”
- Create a way to rename an entire series. This would take a fair bit of work – since the shortcode inside each post would have to be edited. It’s not that easy, but totally doable.
- Consider storing all simple_series lists in a single plugin option, rather than in the post meta. This would actually help with speed/efficiency since it would cache the results. This would also make it slightly easier to uninstall.
- Consider reducing the number of posts listed in a series list. It could be hidden/revealed via jQuery.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Decide on the title for your series of posts
- Add the following shortcode to each post in your series
[simple_series title="This Is My Series Title"]Or, if you’re using the TinyMCE text editor, you can click the button “Add Series” to choose from a series title you’ve already used or create a new series.
- Now every post with that exact same shortcode will automatically have a neatly organized list of all posts in the series, in chronological order!