The highest rated 5* Security Plugin for WordPress
Shield – highest average 5* rating for any WordPress security plugin (2019/05). See what people are saying here.
It’s 2020 – Don’t settle for just another security plugin. Get smarter security.
You don’t need another 100 email notifications.
You need a security plugin that does all the heavy lifting for you, and only alerts you when you need to know.
And when you get an alert, you actually have steps to take, not just the position of “I have no clue what to do!”
Security for WordPress doesn’t have to be hard
There’s no reason for security to be so darn complicated. It doesn’t have to be this way any longer.
Shield is the easiest security plugin to setup – you simply activate it.
And you can gradually dig deeper, as you’re ready.
Trust: Shield Does Exactly What It Says It Will Do
You’ve probably been let down in the past, but Shield is the WordPress Security solution that does what it says it’ll do – Protect Your Site.
Constant notifications are not okay. You’re already busy!
Receiving constant alerts from your security plugins isn’t “security”. It’s just noise. By the time you receive a notification and respond to it, it’s already too late.
Instead, Shield Security does it what it needs to do, and alerts you if and when you need to informed.
Shield is your Silent Guardian. It doesn’t squawk at you every time a visitor presses against your defenses.
It’ll do its job without moaning at you, and leave you in peace to get on with your job.
You’re not alone, and there’s no risk to test it out.
You can try out Shield alongside any other security plugins, and it comes highly recommended
– it has the highest average rating for any WP Security plugin.
Easy-to-setup, but powerful protection blocks attacks and suspicious activity, but won’t lock you out.
Shield is the must-have, free Security Solution for all your WordPress sites.
Shield Features You’ll Absolutely Love
- Beautiful, Easy-To-Use Guided Wizards – help you configure Shield and run scans like a Pro
- Limit Login Attempts / Block Automatic Brute-Force Bots – all automatically
- Powerful Core File Scanners – automatically detects malicious file changes and hacks you’d never see
- Automatic IP Black List – no need for you to manage IPs!
- 2-Factor Authentication – including Google Authenticator and Email
- Block 100% Automated Comments SPAM
- Audit Trail & User Activity Logging
- Security Admin Users
- Block REST API / XML-RPC
- HTTP Headers
- Automatic Updates Control
- and much, much more…
Don’t Leave Your Site At Risk
If your site is vulnerable to attack, you’re putting your business and your reputation at serious risk. Getting hacked can mean you’re locked out of your site, client data stolen, your website defaced or offline, and Google will penalise you.
Why take the risk?
Download and install Shield now for FREE so that you have the most powerful WordPress security system working for you and protecting your site.
The New Shield Pro
From November 2017, Shield Security now has a Pro version for those that need to take their Security to the next level.
The Pro Extras:
- Exclusive customer email support.
- Plugin Vulnerability Scanner.
- Plugin / Themes Hack Detection Scanner.
- More Frequent Scans – as often as every hour.
- Protection for your WooCommerce customers (incl. Easy Digital Downloads & BuddyPress)
- Remember-Me 2-Factor Authentication.
- Powerful Password Policies.
- Import/Export of options across sites.
- Improved Audit Trail logging
- Exclusive early access to new security features
- Text customisations for your visitors.
- No manual Pro plugin downloads – we handle this all for you automatically.
- No license keys to manage – it’s all automatic!
- (coming soon) White Labelling
- (coming soon) Statistics and Reporting
- (coming soon) Select individual automatic plugin updates
Dedicated Premium Support
The Shield Security team prioritises email technical support over the WordPress.org forums.
Individual, dedicated technical support is only available to customers who have purchased Shield Pro.
Discover all the perks turning your security Pro at our Shield Security store.
All the great features of how Shield protects your sites and your customers data are set out below in detail, but there are a few things about us, that you should know first:
- We’re on a mission to liberate people who manage websites from unnecessarily repetitive work, and by 2022 we want to
be saving our clients over 62.5 million hours per year (and we’d love you to join us in our quest)
- We have three rules that apply to everything we do, and you’ll see these when you use our products or contact us for help:
- We make everything as simple and easy-to-use as possible (and no simpler!).
- We’re reliable – we make sure our products do what they promise.
- We take ownership for resolving problems – we will solve the problem, or point you towards the solution.
So, read on for the detail, or start protecting yourself, your clients and your clients’ customers immediately by
downloading and installing Shield now
What makes the Shield different?
- Powerful free security protection.
- Easy-To-Setup User Interface.
- It won’t break your website – you’ll never get that horrible,
pit-of-your stomach feeling you get with other security plugins when your website doesn’t load anymore.
- Super Admin Security – the only WordPress Security Plugin that protects against tampering.
- Exclusive membership to a private security group where you can learn more about WordPress security.
Super Admin Security Protection
The only WordPress security plugin with a WordPress-independent security key to protect itself. more info
Audit Trail Activity Monitor
With the Audit Trail you can review all major actions that have taken place on your WordPress site, by all users.
Blocks all web requests to the site that violate the firewall security rules! more info
Brute Force Login Guard and Two-Factor Authentication
Provides effective security against Brute Force Hacking and email based Two-Factor Authenticated login. more info
Comment SPAM (Full replacement and upgrade from Akismet)
Blocks ALL automatic Bot-SPAM, and catches Human Comments SPAM without sending data to 3rd parties or charging subscription fees. more info
FABLE – Fully Automatic Black Listing Engine
No more manual IP Black lists. This plugin handles the blocking of IP addresses for hosts that are naughty.
WordPress Lock Down
Numerous security and protection mechanisms to lock down your WordPress admin area, such as blocking file edits and enforcing SSL.
Take back control of your WordPress Automatic Updates.
Login and Identity Security Protection – Stops Brute Force Attacks
Note: Login Guard is a completely independent feature to the Firewall.
With the Login Guard this plugin will single-handedly prevent brute force login attacks on all your WordPress sites.
It doesn’t need IP Address Ban Lists (which are actually useless anyway), and instead puts hard limits on your WordPress site,
and force users to verify themselves when they login.
Three core security features provide layers to protect the WordPress Login system.
- Email-based 2-Factor Login Authentication based on IP address! (prevents brute force login attacks)
- Login Cooldown Interval – WordPress will only process 1 login per interval in seconds (prevents brute force login attacks)
- GASP Anti-Bot Login Form Protection – Adds 2 protection checks for all WordPress login attempts (prevents brute force login attacks using Bots)
These options alone will protect and secure your WordPress sites from nearly all forms of Brute Force login attacks.
And you hardly need to configure anything! Simply check the options to turn them on, set a cooldown interval and you’re instantly protected.
SPAM and Comments Filtering
As of version 1.6, this plugin integrates GASP Spambot Protection.
We have taken this functionality a level further and added the concept of unique, per-page visit, Comment Tokens.
Comment Tokens are unique keys that are created every time a page loads and they are uniquely generated based on 3 factors:
- The visitors IP address.
- The Page they are viewing
- A unique, random number, generated at the time the page is loaded.
This is all handle automatically and your users will not be affected – they’ll still just have a checkbox like the original GASP plugin.
These comment tokens are then embedded in the comment form and must be presented to your WordPress site when a comment is posted. The plugin
will then examine the token, the IP address from which the comment is coming, and page upon which the comment is being posted. They must
all match before the comment is accepted.
Furthermore, we place a cooldown (i.e. you must wait X seconds before you can post using that token) and an expiration on these comment tokens.
The reasons for this are:
- Cooldown means that a spambot cannot load a page, read the unique comment token and immediately re-post a comment to that page. It must wait
a while. This has the effect of slowing down the spambots, and, if the spambots get it wrong, they’ve wasted that token – as tokens can only
be used once.
- Expirations mean that a spambot cannot get the token and use it whenever it likes, it must use it within the specfied time.
This all combines to make it much more difficult for spambots (and also human spammers as they have to now wait) to work their dirty magic 🙂
Note: When you enable the plugin, the firewall is not automatically turned on. This plugin contains various different sections of
protection for your site and you should choose which you need based on your own requirements.
Why do we do this? It’s simple: performance and optimization – there is no reason to automatically turn on features for people that don’t
need it as each site and set of requirements is different.
This plugin should install as any other WordPress.org repository plugin.
- Browse to Plugins -> Add Plugin
- Search: Shield
- Click Install
- Click to Activate.
A new menu item will appear on the left-hand side called ‘Shield’.