Secure AXS changes default WordPress login URL to the url you define from settings page to prevent brute force attacks, spam logins, and bot or automated registrations. The plugin blocks access to default login url, generates a custom branded login panel (Which you can change colors and images), without creating a custom page on your website.
Additionally, the plugin offers the ultimate protection with the integration of latest and most sophisticated version of Google reCAPTCHA, where it’s required on login and sign up.
- Define new login url easily from settings page.
- Protect against spam login, bot registration or signup, with the integration of Google reCaptcha.
- Secure AXS is compatible with any permalink setup including the default.
- Choose to allow users with the role “Editor” to access plugin settings.
- Fully branded login page with colors and login logo of your choice.
- Plugin doesn’t create new pages on your website for displaying the new login panel.
- Plugin is compatible with other major security & cache plugins.
You MUST save your free Google reCAPTCHA API keys to the plugin settings to activate reCAPTCHA protection for the plugin to work properly, you can obtain your free key from https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the directory ‘secure-axs’ to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Plugin Name screen to configure the plugin
- Go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin to claim your free Google reCPATCHA API to use in plugin settings panel to activate reCAPTCHA protection.
- upon activating, default login url becomes http://www.yourname.com/axs-login where ‘www.yourname.com’ is your domain name.