This plugin allows you to dynamically (i.e. at the time when a page is generated) replace code and text from themes and other plugins with code and text of your choosing before a page is delivered to a user’s browser.
Because the find and replace happens in real-time no changes are needed to plugins or themes which means upgrades remain easy!
A pro version (less than $10) with additional filtering options, setting export/import functionality, and the ability to modify admin pages is available.
Here are some common uses:
- Want to selectively translate text that is being output by another plugin? You can do that.
- Trying to tweak the text on a product or shopping cart page? No problem.
- Hoping to remove footer text from a theme without modifying the theme? That’s easy.
Here are some more examples.
And some tips for those interested in on-page SEO.
Remember, all of the above can be done WITHOUT modifying themes or plugin files so you’ll always be able to upgrade them without having to worry about losing custom edits.
- Upload the real-time-find-and-replace folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- The find and replace rules are in the Tools sidebar menu.
- Click on the Add link on the Find and Replace admin page to add as many rules as you want.