Use the fixed widget plugin to create sticky widgets that stay in the visible screen area when the page is scrolled up or down.
Sticky widgets are perceived much better by your visitors than unfixed widgets and therefore have a significantly higher click-through rate. Therefore, this option is especially useful for ads or other items that visitors want to interact with.
The recommended solution for integrating ads in WordPress is the free ad management plugin Advanced Ads.
The plugin is not working with all themes! Theme requirements:
- jQuery 1.7 is required, jQuery 1.8.3 (or later) is recommended.
wp_footer()functions in header.php and footer.php files.
- Widgets must have an ID attribute.
In some themes fixed widgets „jump“ during scrolling, etc. Some CSS changes at your theme will be required in this case.
- Follow the standard WordPress plugin installation procedure
- Activate the plugin through the plugins menu in WordPress
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets, enable the “Fixed Widget” option on any active widget
- Fine tune plugin parameters on Appearance -> Fixed Widget Options page