Give extra protection to your wordpress admin by rename default wordpress admin url i.e /wp-admin and set numbers of unsuccessful attempts. WP Protect Admin wordpress plugin will safe your site from hackers and give you extra features like (change existing user name and track user login history log) to make secure your website.
If you run a WordPress website, you should absolutely use “protect-wp-admin” to secure it against hackers.
Protect WP-Admin fixes a glaring security hole in the WordPress community: the well-known problem of the admin panel URL.
Everyone knows where the admin panel, and this includes hackers as well.
Protect WP-Admin solves this problem by allowing administrators to customize their admin panel URL and blocking the default links.
Administrators will be able to change default login page url “sitename.com/wp-admin” to something like “sitename.com/custom-string”, so after that guest user will be redirected to the homepage.
The plugin also comes with some access filters, allowing Administrator to restrict guest and registered users access to wp-admin, just in case you want some of your editors to log in the classic way.
It is extremely important to back up your database before beginning the activate plugin. If, for some reason, you find it necessary to restore your database from these backups. Plugin will not work for IIS SERVER.
* Define custom wp-admin url(i.e http://yourdomain.com/myadmin)
* Define custom Logo OR change default logo on login page
* Define Login page background color
* Define Login page text color
* Restrict guest users for access to wp-admin
* Restrict registered non-admin users from wp-admin
* Allow admin access to non-admin users by define comma separate multiple ids
We have also released an add-on for Protect-WP-Admin which not only demonstrates the flexibility of Protect-WP-Admin, but also adds some important features
* Rename wordpress wp-admin URL
* Enable Login Tracker
* Set Number of Login Attempt
* Change username of any existing user
* Define login page logo URL
* Manage login page style from admin
* Define custom redirect url for default wp-admin url
* Track user login history.
* Faster support
Click here to download add-on
In most cases you can install automatically from WordPress.
However, if you install this manually, follow these steps:
* Step 1. Upload “protect-wp-admin-pro” folder to the
* Step 2. Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
* Step 3. Go to Settings “Protect WP-Admin Pro” and configure the plugin settings.