No. 1 Podcasting plugin for WordPress, with simple & advanced modes, players, subscribe tools, and more!
Developed by podcasters for podcasters; features include Simple and Advanced modes, multiple audio/video player options, subscribe to podcast page embeds and sidebar widgets, podcasting SEO features, and more! Fully supports Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn and Blubrry Podcasting directories, as well as all podcast applications and clients. PowerPress users who use Blubrry Podcast Hosting may also submit their shows to Spotify.
If you are just getting started or feel overwelmed with all the settings and options, switch to Simple mode! PowerPress’s Simple Mode will walk you through getting started in 3 easy steps.
- Setup your Podcast quickly with only the essential settings
- Create your first Episode
- Submit your podcast to Apple Podcasts (previously iTunes Podcasts)
When you’re ready you can switch to Advanced mode to tap into all the options professionals would want.
PowerPress Key Features
- Full Apple Podcasts (previously iTunes Podcasts) & Google Podcasts support: Adds Apple Podcast compliant podcast feeds to your WordPress site.
- Integrated HTML5 Media Players: Audio/video Web players with embed support from sites such as YouTube.
- NEW: Skip to Position in Player shortcode
- Subscribe tools: Create subscribe page with our exclusive subscribe shortcode embed and subscribe sidebar widget optimized for responsive websites, high-resolution screens and Apple Retina displays.
- Podcasting SEO: Improve discovery of your podcast on search engines such as Google, and with the Apple Podcasts directory.
- Podcast Importing: Import your podcast from SoundCloud, LibSyn, PodBean, Squarespace, or other podcast RSS feed.
- Migration tools: Quickly migrate from PodPress, TGS Podcasting, Seriously Simple Podcasting, Blogger, or Movable Type without losing episodes.
- Multi-podcast support: Create separate podcasts by category (Category Podcasting) or by media format (Podcast Channels).
- Post type and taxonomy podcasting: Create podcasts from custom post types and taxonomies.
- *Media Statistics: Get FREE Blubrry Media Statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Multi-languages, locales and emoji support: See PowerPress in your language and Enable Emoji in podcast feeds for details.
Includes Full Apple Podcasts Support!
Blubrry PowerPress fully supports Apple Podcasts (previously iTunes podcasts), which is required for podcasting. PowerPress comes with the following Apple Podcasts specific features:
- Apple Podcasts compliant podcast feeds: The appropriate tags are added to your feeds so your Apple Podcasts listing looks great.
- Optimized Apple Podcasts summary: Converts your blog-post content to a format suited for viewing in Apple Podcasts (learn more).
- Tunes artwork: Upload and manage your Apple Podcasts artwork directly from within PowerPress settings.
- Apple Podcasts: Fully supported, including the latest Apple Podcasts specifications.
- Feed Episode Maximizer: Increase the number of episodes viewed on Apple Podcasts while decreasing the byte size of your feeds.
Includes Full Google Podcasts Support!
Blubrry PowerPress fully supports the newly launched Google Podcasts directory built into Google search, Google Home smart speakers and Google Podcasts Android app.
Integrated Media Players
Blubrry PowerPress includes extensive Web player options to display your podcast audio and video in your Web pages.
- Audio players: Pick from Blubrry’s Media Player, MediaElement.js, or the native HTML5 audio player.
- Video players: Pick from MediaElement.js, VideoJS, or the native HTML5 video player.
- Positioning: Position player above or below your content.
- Player shortcode: Place the player exactly where you want by adding the
[powerpress]shortcode directly into your post content.
- Playlist player shortcode: Include a playlist of your latest podcast episodes utilizing the
[powerpress_playlist]shortcode in any page or post.
- Embeds: Add embeds from sites such as YouTube.
- Links: Provide download, play in new window and embed links.
- Audio formats supported: mp3, m4a, oga (ogg audio), opus.
- Video formats supported: m4v, mp4, webm, ogv (ogg video).
Integrated Subscribe Tools
A Blubrry PowerPress exclusive, podcast subscribe tools help you convert Web visitors into podcast subscribers. Subscribe options include:
- Subscribe page: Instantly create a subscribe page with simplified instructions on how to subscribe to your podcast using the PowerPress subscribe page shortcode.
- Subscribe page shortcode: Add the
[powerpress_subscribe]shortcode to include a mobile-device optimized subscribe embed in any post or page that includes buttons to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Subscribe on Android, Subscribe by Email, Stitcher, tuneIn, Spotify, Google Podcasts, via RSS, and an special textbox to easily copy and paste your podcast feed into any podcast application.
- Subscribe sidebar widget: Mobile device optimized sidebar buttons to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Subscribe on Android, Stitcher, tuneIn, Spotify, Google Podcasts, subscribe by RSS, and a “more subscribe options” button linked to your podcast’s subscribe page.
- Subscribe links: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Subscribe on Android, Subscribe by Email, subscribe by RSS and a link to your custom subscribe page below every player.
- Retina enabled: Subscribe button images optimized for high resolution displays including Apple Retina displays.
- Responsive: Subscribe tools are designed for any screen and optimized for touch screens by providing custom buttons that are indrustry standard 48 pixels in height optimized for touch screen use.
Integrates with Blubrry’s Services
Make your life easier by adding our FREE or paid media hosting and statistics services to streamline your podcast productivity.
- Quickly access your Blubrry media download statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Publish Blubrry hosted media directly from your blog.
- View Blubrry hosting usage quota from your blog.
- Configure how Blubrry writes media (ID3) tags within PowerPress settings.
- Post your podcast to Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Migrate all of your media at no additional cost to your Blubrry Podcast Media Hosting account with just a couple clicks.
The Blubrry basic statistics service is FREE. Our Premium Statistics Service, which includes Blubrry Certified Statistics, U.S. downloads, trending and exporting, is available for $5 month. Blubrry Media Hosting packages start at $12.
Advanced Features for those who need more
Want more? We’ve got more! With a simple click you can enable advanced features and options. Check out some of the advanced features:
- Podcasting SEO settings: Utilize the Apple and Google feed and HTML tags to improve the discovery of your podcasts and include the necessary meta data in your blog pages for search engines to discover.
- Embeds: Provide embeds your audience can take with them (just like YouTube embeds)
- Media size and duration detection: Enter your media URL and let the PowerPress do the rest.
- Category Casting: Add podcast support to your WordPress category feeds.
- Custom Podcast Channels: Distribute multiple formats (audio/video) and versions (short/full length).
- Taxonomy Podcasting: Create podcasts for your custom taxonomy tag names including WordPress Tags. (feature sponsored by AfterBuzzTV.com)
- Post Type Podcasting: Create podcasts for your custom post types.
- Premium Podcasting (Requires a membership plugin and/or roles and capabilities plugin to manage)
- User Role Management: Control which users in your blog can podcast. (Requires a roles and capabilities plugin to manage)
- Diagnostics: Check to see if your server is configured to support all of the available features in PowerPress.
- WordPress MultiSite: Blubrry PowerPress is compatible with WordPress MultiSite and can be extended using the Blubrry PowerPress MultiSite add-on plugin.
- *Supported syndication formats: mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, webm, ogg, oga, ogv, wma, ra, mp4a, m4v, mp4v, mpg, asf, avi, wmv, flv, swf, mov, divx, 3gp, midi, wav, aa, pdf, torrent, m4b, m4r, epub.
*Apple Podcasts only supports mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, pdf and epub.
Migrating from PodPress or other podcasting plugin?
Switching to from PodPress to PowerPress is seamless. Simply enable PowerPress then disable PodPress and you’re done! PowerPress will continue where plugin your old plugin left off by including your previously created episodes in your feeds and Web pages.
Note: Advanced settings such as settings for podcast categories will need to be recreated in PowerPress.
Migrating from another service such as LibSyn, PodBeam, SoundCloud, or Squarespace?
Importing your podcast feed into PowerPress is super easy! Simply paste in your RSS feed URL into the PowerPress feed import tool and click import. RSS feed import works with any podcast service and includes additional options for importing from LibSyn, PodBeam, SoundCloud, and Squarespace. You can optionally migrate your media to your Blubrry Podcast Hosting account with only a couple simple clicks.
PowerPress in your Language
PowerPress is looking for translators!
Translators will receive the following from us as a thank you for contributing:
- Free Blubrry Professional podcast statistics account for your podcast.
- Name or nickname in the PowerPress readme.txt and in the PowerPress WordPress.org Translators list (will give you credit for your contribution)
- Website URL (optional, we will link to your website)
Interested translators please contact us, include your WordPress.org account name, blubrry account login (if you have one), your name, desired URL, and the language locale(s) you would like to translate.
. . . or have some ideas that could improve the plugin?
- Visit the Blubrry PowerPress Forum and Blubrry Resources
- Use the Blubrry Contact Us form
- Blubrry PowerPress Documentation
- Check out The Podcasting Manual – everything you need to know about podcasting
Need More Help?
We now offer one-on-one consulting via GoToMeeting, Skype or phone.
Learn more about Blubrry Consulting Services
PowerPress is developed and maintained by Blubrry, a podcasting company and community owned and operated by podcasters providing tools and resources for podcasters to measure, monetize, publish and host podcasts. Although we’d like you to become a member of Blubrry, no membership is required to use this free open source podcasting plugin.
Angelo Mandato, CIO Blubrry – Plugin founder, architect and lead developer
Pat McSweeny, PHP Developer – Developed initial version (v0.1.0) of plugin
Jerry Stephens, Way of the Geek – Contributed initial code fix for excerpt bug resolved in v0.6.1, wrote initial code for the 4 new flash players.
Darcy Fiander, Rooty Radio – Fixed bug with category links to FeedValidator.org and category title warning when validating category feeds.
Joel Haasnoot, Personal Blog – Developed PodPress archive statistics.
Nicolas Bouliane, Personal Blog – Contributed code for
Isiah Lloyd – Developed features in PowerPress 7.5, 7.6 and part of 8.0
- Danish translation for v1.0.11+ by Team Blogos – Latest translation available here
- French translation for v1.0.11+ by Aur�lien Denis – Aur�lien is looking for assistance maintaining the French translation, email wpchannel [at] gmail.com if interested.
- Simplified Chinese for v1.0.12+ by webmote – From webmote: Welcome to use the plugin. Very good! and then hope you to access my site.
- Italian translation for v2.0.4+ by Umberto Sartori
- Romanian translation for v2.0.4+ by Alexander Ovsov (Web Geek Sciense: http://webhostinggeeks.com/science/)
- Russian translation for v4.0.5+ by Igor Mercury
- Brazilian Portuguese translation for v6.0+ by Leo Lopes from Radiofobia
Tips and Tutorials
Please contact blubrry with the link to your tips or tutorial for PowerPress and we’ll add them to the list above.
Point and Click Installation
- Sign into your blog, go to the plugins section and click ‘Add New’.
- In the search box enter “PowerPress”, then click ‘Search’.
- Click the ‘Install Now’ link and proceed to install the plugin.
- Once installed, click ‘Activate’.
- Configure your Blubrry PowerPress by going to the Settings > Blubrry PowerPress page.
To install Blubrry PowerPress manually, follow these steps:
- Download PowerPress from WordPress.org.
- Extract the downloaded zip file to a temporary folder.
- Copy the entire powerpress folder from the downloaded zip file into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your server.
- Activate the “Blubrry PowerPress” plugin in your blog’s Plugin Management page.
- Configure your Blubrry PowerPress by going to the Settings > Blubrry PowerPress page.