Pop-u-lar post allows you to list posts based on popularity. You can determine popularity by number of times a post was viewed, number of comments or number of tags.
The plugin allows you to set all time popular, or within 2 custom date ranges. For example most popular in last 7 days. The plugin also allows you to manually add views for any post to bring data up to date.
This plugin works with all post types, custom and native, including pages. It stores data on a custom table and in post meta data for quick access.
This plugin also creates a widget that can filter posts based on post type and taxonomy.
- Works with any post type.
- Views can be set by user.
- Customizable Widget that can be added anywhere.
- Widget that can filter by taxonomy and post type.
- Dashboard widget to see popular posts.
- Setting page to customize plugin.
- 2 custom date ranges.
- Option to cache widget via transients, which will work with most WP performance enhancing plugins.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Pop-u-lar post settings screen to configure the plugin