This plugin gives WordPress Admin Panel users the ability to add fillable PDF attachments to email messages and form submission responses of Contact Form 7.
If the PDF attachment has a PDF form, the plugin allows users to add fields to the CF7 form and/or link them to fields in the PDF. The plugin also allows the attached PDF files to be embedded with images supplied by the CF7 form fields. The filled PDF files can be saved on the web server.
When your website visitor submits the CF7 form, the form in the PDF file is filled with CF7 form information, images are embedded and the resulting PDF file is attached to the CF7 email message.
An external web API (https://pdf.ninja) is used for filling PDF forms (free usage has limitations). An Enterprise Extension, which enables performing all PDF operations locally on your web server (no external web API), is available.
* Some UTF-8 (non-latin) characters, checkboxes and radio buttons don’t render properly after being filled. Almost always the problem lies with the PDF viewers not rendering them correctly. There is a workaround in the works, however, currently it remains in development.
* Some third party plugins break the functionality of this plugin (see a list below). Try troubleshooting the problem by disabling likely plugins that may cause issues, such as plugins that modify WordPress or Contact Form 7 in radical ways.
* Some image optimization plugins optimize PDFs and strip PDF forms from PDF files. This may cause your existing forms to break at a random point in the future (when PDF file cache times out at the API).
* Multi-select checkbox fields are not currently supported. Support is planned in the future.
Known incompatible plugins,
* ShortPixel Image Optimizer (strips forms from PDF files)
* Contact Form 7 Live Preview
* Open external links in a new window
* Contact Form 7 Multi-step Pro (partial compatibility)
* WordPress Multilingual Plugin
* Contact Form 7 Skins
- Install the Contact Form 7 plugin.
- Upload this plugin’s folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Start using the ‘PDF Form’ button in the CF7 form editor