Quickly and easily sell access to pages, posts and custom post types through WooCommerce with Pay For Post with WooCommerce. I originally created this plugin because I looked everywhere and I couldn’t find a plugin already out there, free or premium, that would do the simple fact of selling access to a particular page or post through WooCommerce. So I decided to write my own.
- WooCommerce version 2.6+ to be installed and active
- Guest checkout to be turned OFF
- PHP 5.6+ PHP 7.4+ is recommended but 5.6 will work.
How It Works
Getting everything setup will take you less than 5 minutes with three simple steps.
- Step 1 Create a product in WooCommerce
- Step 2 Create a page or post in WordPress
- Step 3 Associate your product with your page using the Pay For Post with WooCommerce meta box.
It’s that simple.
With the Premium version, you have several other options for protecting content like, time based, number of page views, etc.
How-to Install and Configure
How-to Protect a Page/Post
- Restrict content from pages, posts and custom post types based on if they have purchased a specific WooCommerce product
- Ability to protect a single post or multiple posts with a single product
- Ability to protect posts with multiple products
- Simple to use
- Uses native WooCommerce functionality to ensure future compatibility
- Global restricted content message which is used for all protected content
- Utilize any standard WooCommerce shortcodes
- PREMIUM ONLY Ability to override Restricted Content Message on a per page basis
- PREMIUM ONLY Delay Restriction – This allows you to delay the paywall from appearing for a set amount of time.
- PREMIUM ONLY Page View Restriction – This allows you to limit the number of page views the user who purchased this product has before the paywall reappears. Options to specify over a set amount of time or forever.
- PREMIUM ONLY Expiry Restriction – This allows you to specify an expiration on this post which would require the user to repurchase the product associated with this post.
- PREMIUM ONLY Custom WooCommerce tab on the My Account page to list out all purchased content
- PREMIUM ONLY Listing of purchased content on order receipt and order confirmation page
- PREMIUM ONLY PolyLang Multiple Language support
- PREMIUM ONLY Priority Support
- PREMIUM ONLY Woo Memberships Support!
- PREMIUM ONLY Woo Subscriptions Support!
The premium version of this plugin consists of more advanced features to really get the most out of selling your pages and posts! To purchase the premium version please visit https://pramadillo.com/plugins/woocommerce-pay-per-post/
This outputs an unordered list of the posts that have been purchased by the current user logged in.
There are several additional shortcodes available in the free and premium version. Take a look at https://pramadillo.com/plugins/woocommerce-pay-per-post/ for other available shortcodes.
IMPORTANT Out of the box this plugin will work with any theme which uses the standard WordPress function
the_content(). For those themes that do not utilize
the_content() you can use the following static functions in your templates.
This checks if the current user has access to the page. It returns true/false
This returns the content specified in the PPP Options.
For a full example of this take a look at https://pramadillo.com/plugins/woocommerce-pay-per-post/
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Browse to Admin->WooCommerce PayPerPost->Settings
- Go to Page or Post and you should see a meta box for Pay For Post with WooCommerce.
- You can find out more on how to install by visiting https://pramadillo.com/documentation/installing-woocommerce-pay-per-post/