[nivo] shortcode for the jQuery Nivo slider; “The Most Awesome jQuery Image Slider”; reputed to be the world’s most popular jQuery image slider.
New features in nivo v1.14.1
- Now supports theme=custom
New feature in nivo v1.14.0
- Add support for link=full, to open the original full sized image rather than the selected thumbnail= size
New feature in nivo v1.12
- Choose the contents of the caption area using the format= parameter
Note: The format parameter was first made available for the [bw_pages] shortcode and is also supported in [bw_cycle]; both part of the oik base plugin.
Features of jQuery Nivo 3.2
- Flexible slider
- 16 transition effects
- 4 responsive slider themes
- Built in directional and control navigation
- Thumbnail image navigation
See also Nivo Slider for more information about the jQuery Nivo code.
Features of the oik nivo slider WordPress plugin
- [nivo] lazy smart shortcode
- Displays attached images
- Displays images attached to related content
- Profile for nivo slider settings
- Display slideshows with/without links
- Display slideshows with/without captions
- Displays slideshows with HTML captions, using the format= parameter
- Transition effect can be defined in the shortcode
- Supports custom links to your content
- Supports jQuery Nivo 3.2 for responsive sliders
- nivo slider can be put into any part of your website: content, header, footer and sidebar text widgets
- 1 additional responsive slider theme
- Supports jQuery Nivo 2.7.1 for backward compatibility
- 4 additional themes for jQuery Nivo 2.7.1
- Works with existing content, does not add its own custom post type
- Uses the oik plugin’s shortcode API for lazy smart shortcodes
- The [nivo] shortcode is interchangeable with other oik shortcodes such as [bw_images], [bw_thumbs] or [bw_pages]
- Supports display of images from a NextGEN gallery, using a “special post type” of nggallery.
- Supports display of a plugin’s screenshots
- Supports display of images with fancybox
Note: oik-nivo-slider is dependent upon the oik plugin.
You can activate it but it will not function correctly unless the pre-requisite version of oik is also activated.
Download oik from
If you want to read more about the oik plugins then please visit the
“the oik plugin – for often included key-information”
- Upload the contents of the oik-nivo-slider plugin to the `/wp-content/plugins/oik-nivo-slider’ directory
- Activate the oik-nivo-slider plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Whenever you want to produce a Nivo slider use the [nivo] shortcode.
Note: oik-nivo-slider is dependent upon the oik plugin. You can activate it but it will not work unless oik is also activated.
Download oik from