This plugin will remove the version information that gets appended to enqueued style and script URLs. It will also remove the Meta Generator tag in the head and in RSS feeds. Adds a bit of obfuscation to hide the WordPress version number and generator tag that many sniffers detect automatically from view source. Option available to selectively exclude any style or script file from version info removal process.
You can enable/disable each removal options from admin dashboard:
- Remove WordPress Meta Generator Tag
- Remove WPML (WordPress Multilingual Plugin) Meta Generator Tag
- Remove Slider Revolution Meta Generator Tag
- Remove WPBakery Page Builder Meta Generator Tag
- Remove Easy Digital Downloads Meta Generator Tag
- Remove Master Slider Meta Generator Tag
- Remove LayerSlider Meta Generator Tag
- Remove Version from Stylesheet
- Remove Version from Script
- Exclude files from version info removal process (by providing comma separated file names)
- Remove Yoast SEO comments
- Remove Google Analytics (MonsterInsights) comments
- Remove Admin Bar WordPress Logo
- Remove Admin Login Page Logo
You have any suggestions to make this plugin better? Please share your thoughts in the support thread.
Dashboard > Settings > Meta Generator and Version Info Remover
This plugin is trusted since 2013.
If you like this plugin, please rate and review this plugin. If you want to support development of this plugin, please Donate.
- Unzip the zipped file and upload to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Manage individual options from Dashboard > Settings > Meta Generator and Version Info Remover