Paid Member Subscriptions is membership made easy.
It offers a complete membership solution, allowing you to accept member payments, manage members, create subscription plans and restrict access to premium content.
Integrates with WooCommerce, allowing you to restrict product viewing and purchasing to members-only as well as offer special discounted product price based on subscription plans.
To start simply create a new page and give it an intuitive name(e.g. Member Registration) and add the following shortcode: [pms-register].
Publish the page and you are done!
Like this plugin? Consider leaving a 5 star review.
Shortcodes for Member Registration, Login, Content Restriction and managing Membership Plans
You can use one of the following shortcodes:
- [pms-register] – adds a front-end user registration form where users can purchase a membership level
- [pms-login] – create a front-end member login form
- [pms-restrict subscription_plans=”9,10″] Special content for members subscribed to the subscription plans that have the ID 9 and 10! [/pms-restrict] – to restrict content based on subscription plans or logged in status
- [pms-account] – allows members to edit their account information and manage their subscription plan(s)
- [pms-payment-history] – adds a front-end table with the member’s payment history
- [pms-recover-password] – adds a recover password password form, that enables users to reset their password if needed
Please browse our plugin description page for more information regarding shortcode parameters and plugin modules.
You’ll find it quite simple to restrict entire posts, pages or custom post types or just portions of them.
Restrict Content offers you options to:
- display content based on logged in status
- show content to members only, based on their subscription plan(s)
- partial content display by using [pms-restrict][/pms-restrict] shortcode
display another template for restricted posts
Integrates with Elementor page builder allowing you to restrict content for Elementor sections and widgets based on logged in status or subscription plans, by using the visual interface.
Accept PayPal payments from your subscribers. You can keep track of all member payments, payment statuses and purchased subscription plans. Access to detailed payment logs.
Hierarchical Subscription Plans
You can create an unlimited number of hierarchical subscription plans (eg: Free, Silver, Gold). Each new user can choose a membership plan (subscription) during the registration process.
Existing users can purchase a subscription plan from a page with the [pms-subscriptions] shortcode.
Members can upgrade their subscription plan from the [pms-account] page, the same page also allows the member to Renew, Cancel or Abandon his subscription.
Subscription plans can offer free and/or paid memberships on your website.
Have an overview of all your members and their subscription plans. Easily add/remove members or edit their subscription details.
Member Emails and Messages
Customize default member emails and setup member messages sent/displayed on certain user actions.
Admin emails can also be customized.
Free Trial and Sign-up Fees
You can configure your subscription to have a free trial period and a sign-up fee, allowing you to have more control on your subscription setup. Click to view which payment gateways support this feature.
Reports and Exports
Whether you prefer to maintain your own records of your members’ database, do custom reports , or you simply need to import records into another service or application, such as MailChimp or Excel, you can do that with Paid Member Subscriptions. Export all member records to a CSV at anytime.
Payment history can be exported to a CSV file, letting you then import the payment data into Excel, QuickBooks, or other accounting software that can process a CSV file.
Paid Member Subscriptions integrates beautifully with WooCommerce, allowing you to do the following:
- Create a Members-only Store – restrict access to the Shop page to members-only
- Restrict Product Viewing and Purchasing – control who can see or purchase a WooCommerce product based on logged in status and subscription plan. Easily create members-only products.
- Offer discounted product prices to members – offer special product prices to members based on their active subscription. Set membership discounts per product or subscription plan.
- automatically log users in
- hide admin bar
- prevent account sharing
- redirect default WordPress pages
Paid Member Subscriptions has a range of premium Add-ons that allow you to extend the power of the membership plugin:
Basic Add-ons (available in the PRO or Hobbyist version)
- bbPress – integrate Paid Member Subscriptions with the popular forums plugin, bbPress, to restrict your forums and topics.
- Global Content Restriction – add global content restriction rules to subscription plans, based on post type, taxonomy and terms
- Discount Codes – create an unlimited number of discount codes and offer percentage or flat rate based discounts
- Email Reminders – create multiple automated email reminders that are sent to members before or after certain events take place (subscription expires, subscription activated etc.)
- Navigation Menu Filtering – dynamically display menu items based on logged-in status as well as selected subscription plans
- Fixed Period Membership – create subscriptions plans that end at a specific date, no matter when a member subscribes to it.
- Pay What You Want – accept donations and let subscribers pay what they want when purchasing a subscription plan
- Labels Edit – edit any label/string that is coming from the Paid Member Subscriptions plugin
Pro Add-ons (available in the PRO version only)
- Tax & EU VAT – collect tax or vat from your users depending on their location, with full control over tax rates and who to charge
- Group Memberships – sell group subscriptions to your users
- Recurring Payments for PayPal Standard – accept recurring payments from your members through PayPal Standard
- PayPal Express – accept one-time or recurring payments through PayPal Pro (credit card) and PayPal Express Checkout
- Stripe Gateway – accept credit card payments, both one-time and recurring, directly on your website via Stripe
- Content Dripping – create schedules for your content, making posts or categories available for your members only after a certain time has passed since they signed up for a subscription plan
- Multiple Subscriptions per User – setup multiple subscription level groups (e.g. Physics, Math) and allow members to sign up for more than one subscription plan, one per group (e.g. Physics Beginner and Math Advanced)
- Invoices – both you and your members will be able to download PDF invoices for each payment that has been completed
Paid Member Subscriptions in your Language
We’re focusing on translating Paid Member Subscriptions in as many languages as we can. So far, the translations for 10 languages are almost complete, but we still need help on a lot of other languages, so please join us at translate.wordpress.org
You will be able to download all the available language packs as well as help us translate Paid Member Subscriptions in your language.
For more information please visit our documentation page
- Upload the paid-member-subscriptions folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create a new page and use one of the shortcodes available. Publish the page and you’re done!