Are you a web developer or website design company who has installed / customized plugins for your clients and you’re having a hard time managing plugin upgrades? Maybe your client tries to upgrade plugins themselves and you end up losing all the customization done to that plugin.
Here is a plugin that can help you better manage customized plugins. It displays a message to your clients warning them about doing the upgrade.
- Mark any plugin as being customized
- Tags to identify customized plugins on the WordPress plugin page
- Alert to show the customization notes
Here’s a plugin that can help you better manage customized plugins and display a message to your clients warning them about doing the upgrade.
- Install the plugin in the Dashboard => Plugins menu => Add New => Upload => Select the zip file => Install Now
- Activate plugin in the Dashboard => Plugins menu
- After activating the plugin, it redirects you to the plugin’s Settings page. Please fill in the required information and save the settings.
- Upload the ‘manage-customized-plugin-updates’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Here are few steps to know more about the plugin workflow:
- After activating the plugin, it redirects you to the plugin’s Settings page. Please mark the plugin that you do not want to update.
- Go to the Plugins page and see the plugins are marked as customized.