Join the 17 million customers who use Mailchimp, the world’s largest marketing automation platform, to develop their e-commerce marketing strategy. With the official Mailchimp for WooCommerce integration, your customers and their purchase data are automatically synced with your Mailchimp account, making it easy to send targeted campaigns, automatically follow up with customers post-purchase, recommend products, recover abandoned carts, and measure the ROI of your marketing efforts. And it’s completely free.
What you can do with this plugin
- Sync to your Audience in Mailchimp with purchase data.
- Sync new subscribers to your Audience when they create an account and opt-in.
- Set up marketing automations to remind customers about items they left in their cart or viewed on your site, win back lapsed customers, and follow up post-purchase. (Now available for free accounts!)
- Showcase product recommendations.
- Track and segment customers based on purchase history and purchase frequency.
- View detailed data on your marketing performance in your Mailchimp Dashboard.
- Find new customers, connect with current ones, and drive them all to your website with Facebook and Instagram ads. Then, set up Google remarketing ads to turn your site visitors into shoppers.
- Automatically embed a pop-up form that converts your website visitors to subscribers.
- Add discount codes created in WooCommerce to your emails and automations with a Promo Code content block
- Create beautiful landing pages that make it easy to highlight your products, promote a sale or giveaway, and grow your audience.
This plugin supports our most powerful API 3.0 features, and is intended for users who have not yet integrated their WooCommerce stores with Mailchimp.
You can run this new integration at the same time as your current WooCommerce integration for Mailchimp. However, data from the older integration will display separately in subscriber profiles, and can’t be used with e-commerce features that require API 3.0.
WordPress.com compatibility is limited to Business tier users only.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
– This plugin requires you to have the WooCommerce plugin already installed and activated in WordPress.
– Your hosting environment must meet WooCommerce’s minimum requirements, including PHP 7.0 or greater.
WP_CRON must be activated with your hosting provider to sync data. Please verify that it is enabled.
– We recommend you use this plugin in a staging environment before installing it on production servers. To learn more about staging environments, check out these related WordPress plugins.
– Mailchimp for WooCommerce syncs the customer’s first name, last name, email address, and orders.
– WooCommerce customers who haven’t signed up for marketing emails will appear in the Transactional portion of your audience, and cannot be exported.
You’ll need to do a few things to connect your WooCommerce store to Mailchimp.
– Download the plugin.
– Install the plugin on your WordPress Admin site.
– Connect securely to your Mailchimp account via secure OAuth pop-up window.
– Configure your Audience settings to complete the data sync process.
– If you have more advanced configuration needs, please refer to our GitHub wiki