By default in WordPress users can login using one account from unlimited devices/browsers at a time. This is not good for everyone, seriously! With this plugin you can easily set a limit for no. of active logins a user can have.
Loggedin 🔒 Features and Advantages
- Set maximum no. of active logins for a user.
- Block new logins when the login limit is reached.
- Allow new logins while logging out from other devices when the limit is reached.
- Force logout users from admin.
- Prevent users from sharing their account.
- Useful for membership sites (for others too).
- No complex settings. Just one optional field to set the limit.
- Super Light weight.
- Filter to bypass login limit for certain users or roles.
- Completely free to use with lifetime updates.
- Follows best WordPress coding standards.
Please contribute to the plugin development in GitHub.
🔐 Important Notice
Even if the user is closing the browser without logging out, their login session exists for period of time. So this will also considered as an active login.
🐛 Bug Reports
Bug reports are always welcome – report here.
Installing the plugin – Simple
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > New Plugin, search for LoggedIn and click “Install now“
- Alternatively, download the plugin and upload the contents of
loggedin.zipto your plugins directory, which usually is
- Activate the plugin
- Go to General tab under WordPress Settings menu.
- Find the “Maximum Active Logins” option and select the maximum number of active logins for a user account.
If you would like to have an additional feature for this plugin, let me know