From 0.7.1, the default view changed to Colorbox due to the license regulation by the plugin directory. If you would prefer the prior Lightbox to Colorbox, you need to get the script from the setting page.
The Lightbox Gallery plugin changes the view of galleries to the lightbox.
- Lightbox display of Gallery
- Tooltip view of caption of images
- Displays the associated metadata with images
- Divides Gallery into several pages
- Extends the default Gallery options
- Additional settings are set in the option page
- Switch to the Highslide JS display
You can also make regular images appear in a lightbox. See Faq.
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) – Emmanuel Carvalho
- Belorussian (by_BY) – ilyuha
- Czech (cs_CZ) – Petufo
- Spanish (es_ES) – Daniel Tarrero
- Danish (da_DK) – Jacob Voldby
- German (de_DE) – Michael Wruck and Tacitus Media
- Farsi (fa_IR) – Ehsan Razavi
- French (fr_FR) – BenLeTibetain
- Hindi (hi_IN) – Outshine Solutions
- Croatian (hr) – Tomislav Konestabo
- Hungarian (hu_HU) – Zsolt Vereb and Feriman
- Italian (it_IT) – Gianni Diurno
- Japanese (ja) – Hiroaki Miyashita
- Dutch (nl_NL) – Peter Arends
- Polish (pl_PL) – Otmar
- Romanian (ro_RO) – Anunturi Jibo
- Russian (ru_RU) – Fat Cow
- Slovak (sk_SK) – Viliam Brozman
- Swedish (sv_SE) – Anders Martensson
- Turkish (tr_TR) – Hakan Demiray
- Ukrainian (uk_UA) – Vitalij Lew
- Simplified Chinese (zh_CN) – leonanu
If you have translated into your language, please let me know.
Are you interested in other plugins? See the following site CMS x WP.
How to use
How to use this plugin is basically the same as the way to add which has been adopted
by over WordPress 2.5. Lightbox Gallery plugin automatically converted the default view of gallery
into the lightbox view. Photo captions are displayed as tooltips. Photo descriptions are displayed
when the lightbox pops up.
There are three additional options to extend the shorttag .
The image size when the lightbox pops up. The default is medium, but you can change to full.
Defines whether the exif information is displayed. The default is false.
If you want to show the photo info, set true. The exif shown on the lightbox includes camera body,
aperture, focal length, shutter speed, and created timestamp.
Adds a class attribute of the gallery. The default is
Adds the attribute, rel=”nofollow”. The default is false.
- from, num
Defines from which and how many photos are displayed.
If the number of photos is over that of
num, the navigation will be shown.
You can use the navigation option almost same as the
If you would like not to show the navigation, set
0. The default is
You can set the additional settings for Colorbox. See Colorbox official site.
Known Issues / Bugs
- Deactivate the plugin
- That’s it! 🙂
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Just upload images and write down the shortcode in the post content.
- That’s it! 🙂
Lightbox Gallery will load ‘lightbox-gallery.css’ and ‘lightbox-gallery.js’ from your theme’s directory if they exist.
If they don’t exist, they will just load the default ‘lightbox-gallery.css’ and ‘lightbox-gallery.js’ that come with Lightbox Gallery. This will allow you to upgrade Lightbox Gallery without worrying about overwriting your lightbox gallery styles that you have created.
- Edit the
lightbox-gallery.jsand check the path of line 2 according to your settings.
- There may exist localized images in ‘images’ directory. Replace default images with them.