With IdeaPush you can add an awesome feature/idea request system to WordPress. Use IdeaPush to generate new ideas or get feedback from actual users and customers or use it as a support triage system or use it for something else!
Watch the plugin walkthrough:
Check out the demo page here and submit an idea for the plugin.
Rich and extensive notifications
Easily activate automatic notifications for the administrator, idea authors or voters for a range of actions. Use our simple but powerful shortcode generator to make your email subject and content dynamic, relevant and personalised.
Enable users or guests to vote on ideas with an up vote only or an up and down vote so poor ideas can be buried and good ideas can rise. Place a daily maximum voting limit on voting to prevent misuse. Set a vote threshold for your board so ideas automatically change status when the vote goal is reached.
Fast idea creation
With an accessible form users or guests can create new ideas and assign ideas tags and an attachment. Like votes, new ideas can have a daily limit so things don’t get out of control. Eliminate bot ideas with built-in honeypot and math problem protection. When new ideas are submitted, ideas can either be automatically published or get assigned a pending status for administrator approval. Upgrade to pro to show suggested ideas to users whilst they write a new idea to prevent duplication.
Easy to use and fast setup
The admin interface is well organised and provides extensive options for customising the plugin. Create a new board in seconds and add the board shortcode provided to any post or page.
Statuses to keep things organised
Statuses keep your ideas organised and logical within a typical development workflow. Ideas when created are set to open and are set to reviewed when the vote goal has been reached and can then be changed to approved or declined and then to in progress and completed. Ideas can be edited in the backend like any other WordPress post. Optionally, tags can be used as a secondary categorisation method to better manage ideas.
Beautiful, dynamic and intuitive user interface
Great attention to detail has been made to bring the frontend design to a professional level. IdeaPush is a dynamic Ajax powered interface so ideas move up and down as a vote gets cast. When ideas are sorted to show ideas by the most popular, recent, trending, your own ideas or ideas you have voted on, new ideas are fetched. Ideas can also be filtered by status or tags to create specific lookups of ideas.
Or better yet, use our super powerful live search filter to search idea titles, content, authors and tags with search phrase highlighting.
Each idea has its own page for sharing and SEO purposes and for administrators there are quick action buttons on the single idea page to bring idea triage to the frontend. Upgrade to pro to remove the single idea page.
- The plugin tightly integrates with existing WordPress functions
- Translate certain things in the plugin settings and translate the rest using Poedit – German has already been done!
- WPML compatible
- Enable or disable comments for ideas
- An array of action hooks for other developers to sink their teeth into
- You can choose to make a board available only to a certain user role or hide a board from WordPress search
- It’s mobile responsive
Upgrade to pro
Upgrade to pro to unlock multiple boards and our powerful idea suggestion system to minimise duplicate ideas and so much more!
All pro features
- The ability to create multiple boards
- Idea and tag suggestion system when users are creating a new idea to minimise duplicate ideas and tags
- Shows related ideas on the single idea page
- A beautiful idea history timeline on the editing interface so you can see and track the status of and idea and how it has changed over time and the ability to add an internal note to an idea
- The ability to send an email to voters or the author of an idea with a custom and dynamic text
- Track the activity of your ideas and votes over time and by user via the reports menu item
- The ability to disable the single ideas page
- An awesome integration with Zendesk
- A simple but powerful integration with MailChimp
- Ability to create challenges
- Custom fields and multiple form settings including video field
- User idea editing and deleting
- An awesome integration with Jira
- Merge duplicate ideas
- Have multiple users on the same IP address
- Show images inline on the all ideas page
- Widgets! Including a widget to show the leaderboard, a widget to display tags and a widget to display the idea form for a particular board
Pro customers will also enjoy priority support and theming assistance so IdeaPush looks just right.
There are a few options for installing and setting up this plugin.
- Download and unzip the plugin
- Upload the ‘idea-push’ folder into the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Go to the Plugins admin page and activate the plugin
Install via the Admin Area
- In the admin area go to Plugins > Add New and search for “IdeaPush”
- Click install and then click activate