Icons with Links widget allows you to add icons with custom links to your sidebar. You can see this kind of widget in blogs like WPBeginner, Problogger. It helps you to engage more with your readers by adding the important pages of your blog in the widget.
You can choose from 22 different icons which looks absolutely beautiful. More icons will be added soon.
Links are added with the _blank target tag, which means they will open in a new tab.
This widget will be useful to add important pages or categories of your site to your sidebar, you can also promote your affiliates too. Basically you can add anything you want.
- After installing the plugin, you ‘ll see Icons with Links Widget in dashboard menu. click on that. There you have two tabs – Settings, Create.
- On Settings tab you can enable the widget and set the widget title.
- On Create tab you can select your icons and put links and link text.
- After that click on the save button.
- Now, in the WordPress admin, go to Appearance > Widgets
- Drag the ‘Icons with Links Widget ‘ to your widget area.
- You ‘re done!
Now you have beautiful icons with links in your sidebar or other widget area.
Update : Now you can select color for your icons.
This is one way you can install the plugin:
- Download the plugin from WordPress plugin repository and upload all the files from icons-with-links-widget.zip into a folder within the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins ‘ menu in WordPress
Another way :
- From WordPress dashboard, go to Add New under Plugins section.
- Search for ‘Icons with Links Widget ‘
- From search results, click on ‘Icons with Links Widget ‘.
- Click on Install button and activate the plugin.