Almost anyone who uses the Yoast SEO plugin will agree that it is a good SEO plugin, but the developers are adding more and more unwanted things to the WordPress backend.
New in this version:
- fixed bug that occurred with some themes due to introduction of
is_object()in WP 5.5. Thanks for the patch @andreiglingeanu!
The purpose of the Hide SEO Bloat plugin, a free addon for the Yoast SEO plugin, is to clean up all those unwanted things.
The Settings page of the plugin shows checkboxes for everything. Ticking the box means hiding (or removing) that particular “feature”.
It is a good idea to have a look at the Settings page if only to see what you can fine-tune. The link to the page has been added to the Yoast SEO menu and of course there is also a link to it from the Plugins page.
The Default Settings of the current release are as follows:
- hides the cartoon-style sidebar ads on almost all settings pages of the Yoast SEO plugin
- hides the tagline nag showing as a Problem in the Yoast SEO Dashboard
- hides the robots nag showing as a Problem in the Yoast SEO Dashboard and in the advanced tab of Yoast SEO UI in edit Post/Page screen when your site is blocking access to robots
- hides the Upsell Notice in the Notification box that shows in the Yoast SEO Dashboard
- hides the Upsell Notice in social tab of Yoast Post/Page metabox
- hides the Premium Upsell Admin Block that shows in the entire Yoast SEO backend
- hides “Premium” submenu in its entirety
- hides “Go Premium” metabox on edit Post/Page screens
- hides Post/Page/Taxonomy Deletion Premium Ad
- hides Problems box from Yoast SEO Dashboard
- hides Notifications box from Yoast SEO Dashboard
- hides image warning nag that shows in edit Post/Page screen when featured image is smaller than 200×200 pixels
- hides check Configuration wizard box that shows on top of most admin screens
- hides issue counter from adminbar and sidebar
- hides new readability “features” of Post/Page metabox
- hides ad for premium version in help center
- hides the SEO Score, Readability, Title, Meta Description, Outgoing Internal Links admin columns on the Posts/Pages screens; Focus keyword column can be hidden too
- hides the SEO Score and Readability admin columns on taxonomies
- hides SEO Settings on individual profile page
- removes primary category feature
- removes the Yoast SEO admin bar menu
- removes the Yoast SEO widget from the WordPress Dashboard
- removes Courses menu from sidebar
- hides SEO Scores Dropdown Filters on the Edit Posts/Pages screen
- hides Keyword/Content Score from the Publish/Update Metabox on the Edit Post/Page/CPT screen
- remove HTML comments that show in source code (frontend) upgraded for use with version 11 and above of Yoast SEO
- remove Search Console submenu
- hide help beacon
We support this plugin exclusively through Github. Therefore, if you have any questions, need help and/or want to make a feature request, please open an issue over at Github. You can also browse through open and closed issues to find what you are looking for and perhaps even help others.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
If you like the Hide SEO Bloat plugin, please consider leaving a review. You can also help a great deal by translating the plugin into your own language.
Alternatively you are welcome to make a donation. Thanks!
Hide SEO Bloat by SO WP.