This simple and light plugin safely rename wp-login.php and closes access to the WordPress admin panel. The plugin does not change the code of your site, does not rename files and does not make any changes to your server configuration. It can intercept admin pages requests, which means that it can work on any WordPress site, regardless of your server.
There are several levels of security in the plugin. When changing the login page you will receive an email with an access recovery link if you forget the login page address. In addition, the plugin will take care that your posts and pages addresses do not intersect with the new login page address, since if the addresses are the same, the login page will be looped.
Why you should hide WP admin and Hide my WordPress?
Dozens of bots daily attacks your WordPress admin area at /wp-login.php and /wp-admin/, brute force passwords and wanting to access your admin panel. Even if you are sure that you have created a hard and reliable password, this does not guarantee security and does not relieve your login page overload. The easiest way to hide login page is simply change its address to a unique one that will be known only to you.
- Hide wp-login.php, wp-signup.php and block access
- Hide wp admin directory and block access
- Allows you to rename login url
- Works with permalinks and without
- There is an opportunity to restore access to hidden login page
Functions related to authorization, such as registration, password recovery, registration confirmation will continue to work in usual mode.
If you are using a cache plugin, you should add your new login URL prefix in the stop caching list.
The wp-admin directory and the wp-login.php page will be unavailable, so it’s important to create a bookmark or remember new custom login page url. Deactivating this plugin will return your site to its previous usual state.
THANK FOR THE PLUGINS’ AUTHORS
We used some plugins features:
WPS Hide Login, WP Hide & Security Enhancer, Hide My WP – WordPress Security Plugin, Easy Hide Login, Hide WP Admin and Login – WordPress Security, Clearfy – WordPress optimization plugin and disable ultimate tweaker, Rename wp-login.php
RECOMMENDED SEPARATE MODULES
We invite you to check out a few other related free plugins that our team has also produced that you may find especially useful:
- Clearfy – WordPress optimization plugin and disable ultimate tweaker
- WordPress Assets manager, dequeue scripts, dequeue styles
- Disable Comments for Any Post Types (Remove Comments)
- Disable updates, Disable automatic updates, Updates manager
- Disable admin notices individually
- Cyrlitera – transliteration of links and file names
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Go to the general settings and click on the “Hide login page” tab, activate the options and save the settings.