Accelerates the site speed by simply and effective caching Gravatars (Globally Recognized Avatars) so that they are delivered from the own web server and do not need to be reloaded from the Gravatar server.
NEW feature: Other Avatars, e.g. from a “social login” plugin for comments are cached in version 1.3.0 and above.
NEW feature: Avatars from captured Facebook comments with a plugin like “Facebook Comments Importer” are cached in version 1.4.0 and above. The cache have to be emptied once after update.
NEW feature: Avatars from the plugin “Wapuuvatar” are cached in version 1.4.3 and above.
NEW feature: The plugin is now ready for Multisite in version 1.5.0 and above.
NEW feature: The plugin is now ready for being used with “Avatar Manager” in version 1.5.1 and above.
- change the Gravatar Size
- change the cachetime
- change the option how the Gravatars will be copied to your server
- update the options depending on the server configuration
- empty the Cache
- get the size to use for the Gravatars from your template or set the size manually
- You see a statistic how many files are cached and the filesizes of the files.
- English (US) – Harry Milatz
- English (UK) – Harry Milatz
- German – Harry Milatz
- German (formal) – Harry Milatz
- Spanish (Spain) – WPVerwalter
- German (Switzerland, Informal) – Pascal Krapf
- German (Switzerland) – Pascal Krapf
Harrys Gravatar Cache now supports WordPress.org language packs. Want to translate Harrys Gravatar Cache? Visit Harrys Gravatar Cache’s WordPress.org translation project.
Just install from your WordPress “Plugins > Add New” screen and all will be well. Manual installation is very straightforward as well:
- Upload the zip file and unzip it in the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to ‘Settings > Harrys Gravatar Cache Settings’ and enable/change the options you want. Generally this means the Size of the Gravatars.