Google Apps Login allows existing WordPress user accounts to login to your website using Google to securely authenticate their account. This means that if they are already logged into Gmail for example, they can simply click their way through the WordPress login screen – no username or password is explicitly required!
Google Apps Login uses the latest secure OAuth2 authentication recommended by Google, including 2-factor Auth if enabled for your G Suite (formerly Google Apps) accounts.
This is far simpler to configure than the older SAML protocol.
Trusted by thousands of organizations from schools to large public companies, Google Apps Login is the most popular enterprise grade plugin enabling login and user management based on your Google Apps domain.
Plugin setup requires you to have admin access to any G Suite (Google Apps) domain, or a regular Gmail account, to register and obtain two simple codes from Google.
Support and Premium features
Full support and premium features are also available for purchase:
Eliminate the need for G Suite (Google Apps) domain admins to separately manage WordPress user accounts, and get peace
of mind that only authorized employees have access to your organizations’s websites and intranet.
See our website at wp-glogin.com for more details.
The Premium version allows everyone in your G Suite (Google Apps) domain to login to WordPress – an account will be automatically created in WordPress if one doesn’t already exist.
Our Enterprise version goes further, allowing you to specify granular access and role controls based on Google Group or Organizational Unit membership.
You can also see logs of accounts created and roles changed by the plugin.
Google Apps Login allows you to centralize your site’s Google functionality and build your own extensions, or use third-party extensions, which require no configuration themselves and share the same user authentication and permissions that users already allowed for Google Apps Login itself.
Using our platform, your website appears to Google accounts as one unified ‘web application’, making it more secure and easier to manage.
Google Drive Embedder is an extension plugin allowing
users to browse for Google Drive documents to embed directly in their posts or pages.
Google Apps Directory is an extension plugin allowing
logged-in users to search your Google Apps employee directory from a widget on your intranet or client site.
Google Profile Avatars
is available on our website. It displays users’ Google profile photos in place of their avatars throughout your site.
Google Apps Login works on single or multisite WordPress websites or private intranets.
One-click login will work for the following domains and user accounts:
- G Suite Basic (Google Apps for Work)
- G Suite Business (Google Apps Unlimited for Work)
- G Suite for Education (Google Apps for Education)
- G Suite for Non-profits (Google Apps for Non-profits)
- G Suite for Government (Google Apps for Government)
- Personal gmail.com and googlemail.com emails
Google Apps Login uses the latest secure OAuth2 authentication recommended by Google. Other 3rd party authentication plugins may allow you to use your Google username and password to login, but they do not do this securely unless they also use OAuth2. This is discussed further in the FAQ.
This plugin currently operates in the following languages:
- English – default
- French (fr_FR) – translated by Lucien Ntumba of GPC.solutions
- Spanish (es_ES) – translated by David Perez of Closemarketing
- Danish (da_DK) – translated by Alexander Leo-Hansen of alexanderleohansen.dk
- Serbo-Croatian (sr_RS) – translated by Borisa Djuraskovic of Web Hosting Hub
- Arabic (ar_SA) – translated by Jeremy Varnham
- Ukrainian (uk_UA) – translated by Serj Kondrashov
- Dutch (nl_NL) – translated by Noell Taravati of Peppix
- Swedish (sv_SE) – translated by Johan Linde of S/Y ELLEN
- Italian (it_IT) – translated by Giorgio Draghetti of tipinoncomuni
- Persian (fa_IR) – translated by Saeed1000
- Belarussian (be_BY) – translated by Natasha Dyatko of UStarCash
- Indonesian (id_ID) – translated by Jordan Silaen of ChameleonJohn.com
We welcome volunteers to translate into their own language. If you would like to contribute a translation, please click Translate under Contributors & Developers below.
Website and Upgrades
Please see our website https://wp-glogin.com/ for more information about this free plugin and extra features available in our Premium and Enterprise upgrades, plus support details, other plugins, and useful guides for admins of WordPress sites and Google Apps.
The Premium and Enterprise versions eliminate the need to manage user accounts in your WordPress site – everything is synced from Google Apps instead.
If you are building your organization’s intranet on WordPress, try out our All-In-One Intranet plugin.
To set up the plugin, you will need access to a G Suite (Google Apps) domain as an administrator, or just a regular Gmail account.
- Go to your WordPress admin control panel’s plugin page
- Search for ‘Google Apps Login’
- Click Install
- Click Activate on the plugin
- Go to ‘Google Apps Login’ under Settings in your WordPress admin area
- Follow the instructions on that page to obtain two codes from Google, and also submit two URLs back to Google
If you cannot install from the WordPress plugins directory for any reason, and need to install from ZIP file:
googleappslogindirectory and contents to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or upload the ZIP file directly in the Plugins section of your WordPress admin
- Follow the instructions from step 4 above
Personalized instructions to configure the plugin by registering your site with Google Apps are linked from
the WordPress admin panel once you have activated the plugin. For a (non-personalized) preview of these instructions please click here.