Goods Catalog was created to help you organize a simple catalog of products on WordPress site.
- Unlimited categories of products with unlimited depth of subcategories
- Tumbnails for categories and products
- The separate sidebar for the catalog, to show different widgets on the catalog and other pages.
The catalog created with Goods Catalog is easy to navigate: at the main catalog page are located all parent categories of products, at the category page firstly are located subcategories and then products of the category.
- Use shortcode [goods_newest] to display the newest products anywhere in the site: on post or page. For example, to show 6 products, type: [goods_newest number=6]
- [goods_categories] to display the list of goods categories (many thanks to Alexander Chizhov & Pineapple Design Studio)
- [goods_tags] to display list of all products’ tags
- [goods_sitemap] to display sitemap of the catalog (testing mode)
- [goods_term] to display category or tag by ID. Usage: [goods_term goods_category|goods_tag id=X], ex.: [goods_term goods_category id=3] to display category with ID=3, or [goods_term goods_tag id=5] to display tag with ID=5. It only displays title with link and description, without image.
Goods Catalog is ready for localization to your language. Now it is available in the following languages:
- Spanish (thanks to netsis)
- French (thanks to Bertrand)
- Italian (thanks to Massimo Gallarotti)
You can send me translation for your language, and I’ll add it to the release.
You can contribute code and localizations to this plugin via GitHub
Install the Goods Catalog Plugin
The easiest way to install Goods Catalog plugin is the automatic installation:
- From WordPress admin panel, navigate to the
Pluginsmenu and click
- In the search field type
"Goods Catalog"and click
Search Plugins. Found Goods Catalog plugin in the list.
Or you can install the plugin manually:
- Download the plugin in
- Upload unzipped
goods-catalogfolder to the
After the installation, please activate the plugin through the
Plugins menu in WordPress.
Install the dependencies
Please install Taxonomy Images plugin, that provides thumbnails for categories.
After you have the Goods Catalog installed, you need to flush the permalinks to prevent 404 errors. Just go to
Settings -> Permalinks and press “Save”. You don’t need to change your permalinks.