This plugin creates a new Genesis settings page that allows you to modify the post-info (byline), post-meta, and footer area on any Genesis theme. Using text, shortcodes, and HTML in the textboxes provided in the admin screen, these three commonly modified areas are easily editable, without having to learn PHP or write functions, filters, or mess with hooks.
This plugin is now deprecated and will no longer receive feature updates. The reason for deprecation is due to the Genesis Framework parent theme allowing similar functionality, which can be found in the WordPress dashboard under
– Genesis → Theme Settings → Singular Content
– Genesis → Theme Settings → Footer
For more information about how to use these features in Genesis Framework, see this article:
- Upload the entire
genesis-simple-editsfolder to the
- DO NOT change the name of the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to
Genesis > Simple Edits
- Edit the areas you would like to change, using text, HTML, and the provided shortcode references.
- Save the changes