All links pointing to an image will automatically opened in a responsive lightbox. You do not need to care about any tag attributes or link classes, the plugins takes care about that for you. When using the defaultshortcode the images will get a “previous”, “next” and a slideshow button. The gallery itself uses your themes gallery style and keeps your common identity untouched.
Gallery management features
- Organize image galleries separated from posts or pages
- Centralized gallery management. Enjoy a single location where you can see and manage all your galleries
- Automatically generated index page with all galleries
- Every gallery has its own page with unique URL
- Taxonomies to classify your galleries: Categories, Tags, Events, Places, Dates, Persons, Photographers.¹
- Both, tags and categories, are disjunct from your post tags and post categories
- Supports gallery comments²
- Supports featured images as gallery thumbnails²
- Supports excerpts for your uploaded galleries² (the same way you already know from regular posts)
- Excerpts can contain a text description and a random set of preview images
- Supports WordPress user permissions and capabilities¹
- Supports the WordPress menu system and enables you to add all components of your galleries to any menu
- Import and export directly via the official “WordPress Importer” by Automattic Inc.
- Has “Previous” and “Next” buttons
- Shows image title and description
- Lightbox is touch-enabled, responsive and mobile-friendly
- Supports swipe function for touch screens – works with every smart phone and tablet
- Awesome image slideshow function
- Indicator thumbnail images below the full size image
- Uses the full screen size for presenting your image
- SEO conform URL structure for all kind of pages
- Supports WPML flawless
- Supports the WordPress theme template hierarchy and the parent-child-theme paradigm
- Supports user defined HTML templates
- Supports RSS feeds for the gallery index and for the comments of each gallery
- Custom thumbnail sizes¹
- Fully compatible with all existing themes with archive template
- WordPress filter to modify your galleries code and style
- Widget to display random images from your galleries in the sidebar
- Widget to display galleries as list in the sidebar
- Widget to display the gallery taxonomies as list or cloud in the sidebar
- Applies your themes gallery style
- Completely translatable – .pot file is included
- Includes a bunch of filters to give you the control of the behavior of this piece of code
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- Works great with WordPress Multisite
- Personal one-on-one real-time support by the developer¹
- No ads or branding anywhere – perfect white label solution¹
¹ Available in Gallery Manager Pro.
² Your theme needs to support this too.
Of course you can use “exclude” and “include” parameters in yourshortcode like you already know from the traditional gallery shortcode. The Gallery Manager plugin does not touch the mechanic of the default shortcode.
You can find the settings page in your Dashboard -> Settings -> Galleries.
All plugin outputs can be changed via user defined HTML templates. Just put the templates you want to overwrite inside your theme folder (no matter if parent theme or child theme). You can find the default templates in the plugin folder in “templates/”. You can find a list of the available template files in documentation of the pro version. Please do not modify the original templates! You would lose all your modifications when updating the plugin!
Questions and support requests
Please use the support forum on WordPress.org only for this free lite version of the plugin. For the pro version there is a separate support package available. Please do not use the WordPress.org support forum for questions about the pro version or questions about my services! Of course you can hire me for consulting, support, programming and customizations at any time.
Gallery Manager is available as premium version too. In the premium version you can use all options and features which are restricted in the lite version.
Possibly even more important, buying the premium edition gives you access to me and my support team. You can email us your questions about usage of the plugin or your problems in setting it up and we will assist you in no time!
- This Plugin is available in English.
- Diese Erweiterung ist in Deutsch verfügbar. (Ulrike Seddig)
Translate this plugin
This plugin is community translated. You can help translate it or improve existing translations on the official translation plattform.
You can find the Translation.pot file in the languages/ folder in the plugin directory. The textdomain of this plugin is “fancy-gallery”.
- WordPress 4.6 or greater
- PHP version 5.6 or greater
- PHP 7 is strongly recommended
- MySQL version 5.6 or MariaDB 10 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you do not need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of Gallery Manager, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the plugins menu and click “Add New”.
In the search field type “Gallery Manager” and click “Search plugins”. Once you have found my gallery plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now”.
The manual installation method involves downloading my gallery plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.