Not a big fan of green and black? Love the layout of Twenty Fourteen, but need its colors to match your brand? Don’t have time to create a child theme, or want to change up your site’s look on a regular basis without technical overhead?
Fourteen Colors is the most efficient way to re-color the Twenty Fourteen theme. It provides two color pickers, which together control:
- Header/Sidebar/Footer Background Color
- Featured Content Background Color
- Link Color
- Search Bar Color
- Navigation Menu Hover Colors
- Text Selection/Highlight Color
- Audio/Video Player Colorschemes
- And more…
Fourteen Colors automatically adjusts your color choices to ensure the minimum required contrast to keep Twenty Fourteen accessible-ready, and to keep your site as readable as possible. The plugin is designed to support almost any combination of colors, so you can be creative and express yourself with your site! Please report any issues on the support forums, after reading the FAQ and the changelog to see if they address your question.
The Accent Color feature was originally developed in Twenty Fourteen core, but it was removed near the end of the initial development cycle due to a variety of concerns. This plugin addresses those concerns and adds the contrast color feature to enable a broad range of custom colorschemes.
Special thanks to the entire Twenty Fourteen team for their work on the accent color throughout the development cycle. This plugin (and Twenty Fourteen) would not exist without their hard work and attention to detail.
- Take the easy route and install through the WordPress plugin installer OR
- Download the .zip file and upload the unzipped folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Customizer (Appearance -> Customize) and adjust the two new color pickers under the “Colors” heading to your liking