The most advanced WordPress forms plugin. Go beyond contact forms with our drag & drop form builder for surveys, quizzes, and more.
The Most Powerful WordPress form builder plugin on the market
We built Formidable Forms to offer the “first-ever” solutions-focused WordPress form plugin on the market. You can use our drag & drop WordPress form builder plugin to create a contact form, survey, quiz, registration form, payment form, purchase, email marketing, or calculator form. Build just about anything you can imagine.
At Formidable, creating the most extendable online form builder plugin is our #1 priority. Unlike other WordPress form maker plugins that focus just on building a contact form, we believe in pushing the limits. We want to give you the tools to save time and create complex forms quickly!
Before we explore the features of the powerful Formidable form builder plugin, you should know that Formidable is 100% mobile responsive. Your WordPress forms will always look great on all devices (desktop, laptop, tablets, and smartphones).
Plus, we have optimized Formidable for speed and maximum server performance. We can confidently say that Formidable is one of the FASTEST WordPress form builders on the market.
Formidable Forms Pro
This form builder plugin is the free version of Formidable that comes with all the features you will ever need. Build an advanced email subscription form, multi-page form, file upload form, quiz, or a smart form with conditional logic. Stack on repeater fields, payment integrations, form templates, form relationships, cascading dropdown fields. Don’t forget the calculated fields, front-end form editing, and powerful Formidable Views to display data in web applications. With Formidable, you get far more than just a contact form.
Click here to purchase the most advanced premium WordPress form builder plugin now!
You can start with our pre-built templates or create totally custom forms from scratch. All with an easy-to-use drag & drop form maker interface.
Let’s take a look at all the powerful features for making an amazing lead form, survey form, poll, subscription form, request a quote form, donation form, user registration form, or payment form.
Drag & Drop Form Maker and Advanced Form Builder
The Formidable drag & drop form builder allows you to quickly build unlimited surveys, quizzes, registration forms, price calculators, and whatever else you want.
Our form maker comes with all the powerful fields that you need to create a solution-focused form, fast!
Complete Entry Management for Forms and Surveys
Formidable allows you to view all your quiz and survey entries right from your WordPress dashboard. Once a user submits a form, their response is stored in your WordPress database so you won’t lose any leads.
Formidable is a 100% GDPR-friendly form generator. You can turn off IP tracking or stop saving submissions entirely. Or add a GDPR checkbox field to your lead forms and payment forms to collect consent.
Need to import your leads to an external service like MailChimp? No problem. Export leads to a CSV, open it in Excel, or import anywhere.
You can also configure unlimited email notifications and autoresponders triggered by form submissions.
On top of that, you can easily customize the success message after a form is submitted, or redirect visitors to another page.
The Only Form Maker Plugin with an Advanced Form Styler
With our built-in styler, you can instantly customize the look and feel of your contact form. With just a few clicks, your email form can be transformed to match your website design.
By default, Formidable applies a single styling template to your WordPress forms. If you want a custom form style for each footer and sidebar form, check out the premium version of Formidable.
Build Smart Surveys with Beautiful Reports
Formidable comes with a built-in survey feature, so you can quickly create powerful surveys and see beautiful reports.
Our graphs and reports will help you analyze and showcase data. We believe that data alone does no good if you can’t analyze it. That’s why we make it easy to analyze data from a survey, quiz, or price calculator.
You can even showcase data on the front-end of your website. Just embed graphs in your WordPress posts or pages.
The best part is that you can do this all within Formidable without any third-party tools.
Quickly Create an Advanced WordPress Registration Form for Any Use Case
Whether you need to create a youth sports team, event, or church retreat registration, Formidable has you covered. Unlike other form plugins, Formidable comes with a repeater field that allows you to create the best registration forms.
Then, our marketing integrations and APIs can send the data anywhere you want.
Accept Credit Cards and Easily Collect Payments
By now, you probably already realize the theme that Formidable is more than just a WordPress contact form plugin. You can use Formidable to create a payment form to accept credit card payments right from your website.
We offer seamless integration with PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net, so you can create an order form, donation form, or purchase form with our drag & drop form builder.
You can even use Formidable to create a WooCommerce form with custom fields.
Make Data-Driven Web Applications with a Formidable View
Formidable Views are by far the most powerful feature that makes Formidable far more than just a contact form builder plugin. Views allow you to flexibly display any submitted form data on the front-end of your website.
Our customers use Formidable Views to create data-driven web applications. We see real estate listings, employment listings, event calendars, business or member directories, job boards, and other searchable databases.
As you can see, Formidable is not your average contact form plugin. It’s a true all-in-one WordPress form solution.
Increase Sales with WooCommerce Product Order Forms
Formidable is the only WordPress form builder plugin that offers extensive integration with WooCommerce orders.
Our goal is to empower you to build powerful WooCommerce product order forms, so you can increase your store sales.
You can add a WooCommerce product configurator with custom calculation fields. Then automatically send the order info to the WooCommerce cart with variable pricing options.
Make Powerful Quiz Forms & Calculators
In addition to a simple order form, you can also use Formidable to create quizzes or web calculators.
More on quizzes later, but here are some example online calculators that you can quickly add to your WordPress site:
- Advanced Mortgage Calculator
- Basic Mortgage Calculator
- Car Payment Calculator
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) Survey Calculator
- BMI Calculator and more Health and Fitness Calculators
- User Age Calculator
- Online Quote Calculator
- Finance Calculator
- Booking Cost Calculator
- Price Calculator
… and our powerful calculated fields allow you to build just about any other type of calculator.
You can also create a poll, or survey on your WordPress site and display the results. This is great for membership sites, LMS, or just for viral quizzes to grow your email list.
Now you can go beyond a simple contact form plugin and create custom form-based solutions without any code.
Create a WordPress User Registration Form, Profile Form, and More
If you run a WordPress membership site, then you need a form maker that allows you to customize your WordPress user registration form and collect data with a user profile.
With our front-end editing, you can build a custom profile form for users to keep their profile up to date. You can even progressively add to the profile from a set of forms. Everything from the first lead form to the last payment form can extend the user profile. Once logged in, all new submissions in a quiz, calculator, or support form can be linked to that user account.
You will not find any other WordPress form plugin offering a front-end editing solution with the same level of extendability.
All the Advanced Form Fields and Features You Need to Grow Your Business
Formidable goes far above and beyond with features like multi-page forms, save and continue, cascading form fields, powerful conditional logic, partial submissions, invisible spam protection, front-end user post submission, calculated fields, user-tracking, quizzes, and so much more. Additionally, our Payment fields will help you create an order form, donation form, booking form, or other payment form.
We’re on a mission to offer an all-in-one solution-focused WordPress form plugin. This way you don’t have to install 5 plugins alongside your form maker to do everything you want.
Extend and Customize Your Forms – Developer’s Dream Come True
Formidable is the WordPress form plugin of choice for smart developers, freelancers, and agencies. It helps you build complex solutions and simple forms quickly to defy the limits imposed by time and knowledge.
Our goal is to help you build complex websites with low overhead. That’s why we made Formidable the most extendable WordPress form builder plugin on the market. We want to make it possible for anyone to defy gravity and build anything.
A Formidable View allows you to display form data anywhere, so you can quickly create data-driven web applications.
On top of that, our hooks and filters allow you to extend Formidable to meet your needs. We even include hundreds of code examples in our docs to give you the confidence to get started.
Full Formidable Feature List
Since Formidable is not your average WordPress form plugin, this feature list is going to be very long. Read through it, or just install the most powerful WordPress form maker. Your choice 🙂
- Online drag and drop form builder. Build everything from an email form to a price calculator or complex online form. Make awesome quiz forms, calculators, and online forms the easy way with a simple WordPress drag and drop form maker. You don’t have to be a code ninja.
- Display form data with Views. Other WordPress form builder plugins only let you collect data. Formidable lets you format, filter, and display form submissions in Formidable Views to turn forms into solutions. Think job boards, event calendars, business directories, ratings systems, management solutions, and pretty much anything else you can come up with.
- Repeating field groups (repeaters). Allow visitors to add sets of fields on the fly. This is great for a registration form, application, calculator, or email form.
- Drag and drop multiple file upload forms. Easily upload documents, files, photos, and music, with any number of files. This is great for a job application form (resumes), WordPress User Profile Form (avatars), or get a quote form.
- Multi-step forms with progress bars. Want to increase conversion rates and collect more leads with a smart contact form? Create beautiful paged forms with rootline and progress indicators. Add conditional logic to page breaks for a smart branching form.
- Cascading lookup fields. Autofill values in other form fields or drill down through options to reveal a final value. Designed for year/make/model fields in auto forms and country/state/city fields. You can even use lookup fields to get a price from a separate product form.
- Datepicker fields with advanced datepicker options including blackout dates, dynamic minimum and maximum dates, and inline calendars. Our datepickers are great for email forms, basic online booking, and event registration.
- Dynamic field relationships. Populate form fields from other forms and link data between two forms without duplication. These relationships are helpful in a huge number of cases. For example, you can link employment applications to a job, quizzes to a class, an event registration to an event, or a sports registration to a team.
- Add password fields with a password strength meter in a WordPress user registration form, profile form, and change password form.
- Collect reviews with star ratings for feedback, recipe ratings, product review, event rating, and customer testimonial forms. Then share your ratings with Formidable Views.
- Confirmation fields. Double check email addresses or passwords and prevent typos from cannibalizing your leads.
- Conditional logic for smart forms. Show or hide fields based on user selections or user roles. Make complex forms simple and increase conversion rates.
- Send email notifications & autoresponders. Automatically let clients know you received their message. Then create customized email notifications for multiple recipients and get info from an email form to those who need it.
- Email routing. Conditionally send multiple autoresponder emails and notifications based on values in email forms, user registration forms, and payment forms.
- Pricing fields for easy eCommerce forms with automatic price calculations. Drop in a product field, quantity, and total and you’re good to go.
- Calculator forms. Create basic and complex calculations, and even combine text from multiple fields. This is great for a mortgage calculator, auto loan calculator, and many other calculators. Your visitors can benefit from price calculations for easy quotes and price estimates. We recommend adding range sliders for calculator forms your clients will love.
- Visual style creator. Having trouble styling your WordPress forms? Our form creator allows you to brand calculator forms, email forms, quiz forms, and other WP forms to match your site. Change colors, borders, font sizes, and more without any code.
- Flexible form layout design. Build mobile responsive forms and advanced layouts with multiple fields in a row by using our CSS layout classes.
- Mobile-friendly, responsive forms. All of our forms are sized automatically for every screen size. Ensure that everyone can see and submit your surveys, calculator forms, Stripe forms, and web forms from any device.
- User submitted front-end posts and pages. Create and edit WordPress posts, pages, and even custom post types from your front-end online forms. Send user-generated content quickly from a post creation form to a page.
- Simple entry management. Flexibly display, edit, and delete form entries from anywhere on your site. Set permissions so logged-in users can manage their personal journal entries, weight tracking, guest blog posts, RSVP status, and more.
- WordPress front-end editing. Allow users to edit their form entries and posts from the front-end of your site. Create an online journaling platform, member directory, classified ads, community recipes, and more.
- Logged-in users can save and continue partial form submissions. Whether it’s a basic email form or a long multi-paged registration form, users can save form progress and pick up where they left off.
- Graphs and charts for data visualization. Display statistics from a survey, poll, and questionnaire. Or graph data in a variety of ways. Whatever you choose, it can automatically update as new data is submitted (great for weight tracking over time).
- Permission settings. Limit visibility of specialized forms based on user role.
- Entry limits. Limit surveys, registration forms, bookings, quizzes, or directory submissions to only allow one entry per user, IP, or cookie.
- Form scheduling. Open and close event registration and signup forms on a specific date. Or close registration forms when the seat limit has been reached.
- Conditionally redirect after a custom search form, payment form, feedback form, support ticket form, quiz, or other online form is submitted. Help clients find the answers they are looking for and show a tailored result based on their selections or calculated fields.
- We believe that forms should be extendable to meet your needs. So we give you access to customize the form HTML (like Contact Form 7). But you keep the ease and speed of a drag & drop form builder plugin. Our team labors for simplicity without sacrificing flexibility.
- Import and export forms, form submissions, styles, and views. Quickly move forms, entries, views and styles to another site. Need to export leads to another service? Check.
- Form templates for instant form building. Get started quickly with the most advanced form creator that includes form templates, style templates, and Formidable View templates. Our WordPress form generator makes it FAST to build job application forms, calculator forms, and other types of online forms.
- Import our pre-built form/view templates as a shortcut to a final product. Our growing form template library includes payment forms, calculators, a WooCommerce product creator, and more.
- WCAG accessible forms with A11Y and ADA compliance. Don’t alienate your audience. Ensure your survey, calculator, lead capture form, quizzes, and other online forms are compliant and available to everyone. Allow those using screenreaders to successfully use your WordPress forms.
- Invisible SPAM protection. Don’t waste time sorting through SPAM. Get instant and powerful anti-spam features from honeypot, invisible Google reCAPTCHA, Akismet, and the WordPress comment blacklist.
- Fill out forms automatically with values from the user profile or posts (i.e. custom fields). When a user is logged in, prefill known values like first name, last name, and email address.
- White label forms. Replace the Formidable branding with your own in the admin area. Plus, we never show “powered by” links in your free contact form or other online form.
- WordPress user registration forms. Register WordPress users, edit profiles, reset passwords, and add a login form. You can even allow logged in and logged out users to create new subdomains with WordPress multisite forms.
- Digital signature forms. Eliminate paper forms with a digital signature field in contracts, application forms and more.
- Form action automation. Schedule email notifications, SMS messages, and webhooks to trigger at a later time. You can automatically delete guest posts after 30 days, send weekly digests, or trigger happy birthday text messages from a lead form.
- Formidable Forms API. Send submissions to other REST APIs and add a set of form webhooks. This includes the option to send submissions from one Formidable site to another.
- Quiz maker forms. Write your quiz form questions, submit an entry as the quiz key, and publish the quiz on a page. Then all the quiz grading is automatically done for you with our quiz plugin.
- World class support. Have questions on how to use our contact form maker or set up your web application? We are happy to help. Our passion is to help you defy the limits to take on bigger projects, earn more clients, and grow your business.
Payment Forms, Form APIs, and Marketing Integrations
In addition to all the features listed above, power up your email forms, calculators, surveys, and quizzes with these integrations.
- PayPal Payment Forms. Automate your business by collecting instant payments and recurring payments from clients. Collect information and calculate a total in a PayPal form or donation form.
- Stripe Payment Forms. Keep users on your site while collecting Stripe payments from a credit card form. Select from one time and recurring charges in order forms and donation forms. Stripe processes payments with simple PCI compliance.
- Authorize.net AIM Payment Forms. Process one-time payments in order forms and price calculators with Authorize.net AIM. For recurring payments or easier security compliance, we recommend Stripe.
- WooCommerce product configurator. Add custom fields to a WooCommerce product order form and collect extra data when a product is added to the cart. Use form calculations for variable pricing or upload a file with the order.
- MailChimp Forms. Add and update leads in a MailChimp email marketing list from a lead form, online order, or email form.
- Constant Contact Forms. Create leads automatically in Constant Contact with a newsletter signup form or registration form.
- GetResponse Forms. Collect leads in WordPress forms, add them to GetResponse, and trigger GetResponse marketing automations.
- AWeber Forms. Subscribe users to an AWeber mailing list when a newsletter signup form is submitted.
- MailPoet Newsletter forms. Fill your email marketing lists from newsletter signup forms. Then send WordPress newsletters from your own site using MailPoet.
- Highrise Forms. Add leads to your Highrise CRM account any time a WordPress form is submitted.
- Salesforce Forms. Create leads and any other Salesforce objects automatically.
- ActiveCampaign Forms. Let your form pull double duty with the ActiveCampaign integration. Save leads from a donation form, post creation form, user registration form, or email form.
- HubSpot Forms. Route lead data from your WordPress forms to HubSpot CRM.
- Twilio for SMS Forms. Collect feedback, votes and poll responses via SMS text or send SMS notifications when entries are submitted. Get notified instantly when a payment form is completed, or let your leads know you received their message.
- WPML Multilingual Forms. Translate your WordPress forms into multiple languages using our integrated multilingual forms.
- Polylang Multilingual Forms. Get the form creator with Polylang bilingual or multilingual contact forms.
- Zapier Forms. Connect with thousands of applications through Zapier from a lead form, quote form, and other web forms. Insert a new row in a Google docs spreadsheet, post on Twitter, or upload a Dropbox file from a calculator form.
- Bootstrap Form Styles. Instantly add Bootstrap form styling to a survey form and registration form.
- Bootstrap Modal Form. Open login forms, Formidable views, shortcodes, and other content in a Bootstrap modal popup.
After reading this feature list, you can probably imagine why Formidable is the most advanced WordPress form plugin on the market.
Give Formidable Forms a try.
Want to unlock the full power? Upgrade to our Premium forms to get all the features for smart forms and full web applications.
This online form builder plugin is created by Steve and Steph Wells and the amazing Formidable Team.
- Go to the Plugins -> ‘Add New’ page in your WP admin area
- Search for ‘Formidable’
- Click the ‘Install Now’ button
- Activate Formidable through the ‘Plugins’ menu
- Go to the newly added ‘Formidable’ menu
- Click the ‘Add New’ button to go to the form generator page and create a new email form
- Insert your newly created user registration form, quiz, or survey form on a page, post, or widget using a shortcode [formidable id=x], Alternatively use
<?php echo FrmFormsController::show_form(2, $key = '', $title=true, $description=true); ?>to add it in a page template