Easy PageSpeed is a simple and efficient plugin desgined to do just two things:
- Serve your static resources (files of types) from the Content Delivery Network (CDN) that you specify. Using a CDN can improve the performance of your blog significantly.
- Remove the query strings that WordPress adds to your static files (indicating the WP version). The existence of the query string on a file directs the web browsers not to cache it, which may adversely affect the blog performance.
Both these functionalities are available on most caching plugins, such as WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache. If you use any of them, you may not need to use Easy PageSpeed. However, if you have a high performance web server, a caching plugin may be an overkill, and most of the performance boosts may be gleaned by this simple Easy PageSpeed plugin, and a good PHP accelerator at the server level.
In addition to the fully functional Lite version, Easy PageSpeed also has a Pro version, which gives you more control over how your CDN servers are used, with these extra features:
- Supports multiple CDNs, for load balancing or parallel loading (domain sharding), as recommended by most page speed tools.
- Allows customization the file types to be served from CDNs.
- Multiple groups of CDNs, each with their own file types, so that you can serve, for example, images from
http://img.example.comand style sheets from
http://css.example.comand so on.
To install Easy PageSpeed, please use the plugin installation interface.
- Search for the plugin Easy PageSpeed from your admin menu Plugins -> Add New.
- Click on install.
It can also be installed from a downloaded zip archive.
- Go to your admin menu Plugins -> Add New, and click on “Upload Plugin” near the top.
- Browse for the zip file and click on upload.
Once uploaded and activated, visit the plugin admin page to specify your CDN server (or servers in the Pro version).