Easy Object Cache is a simple and efficient plugin desgined to do just two things:
- Generate and set up the so-called drop-in plugin named
object-cache.phpbased on your settings.
- Provide Alternate PHP Cache user data caching functionality (APCu) functionality, if your sever doesn’t have it.
The drop-in plugin
object-cache.php can be installed, manually, as described in APCu Object Cache Backend. However, for automated and configurable installation, you may want to use Easy Object Cache, especially if you do not have APC or APCu installed on your server. In fact, this plugin reuses the code (although modified) from APCu Object Cache Backend.
In addition to the fully functional Lite version, Easy Object Cache also has a Pro version, which gives you more control over how the plugin works, with these extra features:
- Full control over caching parameters like time to live (TTL), cache size and location for the APCu functionality that the plugin provides.
- Ability to clean the database of transients for possible performance improvements.
To install Easy Object Cache, please use the plugin installation interface.
- Search for the plugin Easy Object Cache from your admin menu Plugins -> Add New.
- Click on install.
It can also be installed from a downloaded zip archive.
- Go to your admin menu Plugins -> Add New, and click on “Upload Plugin” near the top.
- Browse for the zip file and click on upload.
Once uploaded and activated, visit the plugin admin page to specify your CDN server (or servers in the Pro version).