Automatically changes the size of the excerpt field to fit the length of your content.
Note this is not yet Gutenberg-compatible but will be soon!
Excerpts are very useful when sharing your blog post content.
They allow you to provide a preview of your post to your readers as well as the email marketing service used to email new blog posts to your mailing list. This ultimately drives traffic on your site as your audience reads the remainder of the blog post.
But using the native excerpt functionality in WordPress can quickly become tedious. The excerpt field is small and difficult to enlarge, so it’s hard to see how much content you’ve added, let alone manage the layout of the text.
This plugin fixes that problem. By activating this plugin:
- The excerpt field will automatically expand to fit your content or will contract if you have shorter content.
- There are no options – it “just works.”
- It does not change the appearance of anything in the editor. It works directly with the functionality you already know.
- It works with both new and existing posts.
- No data will be affected if you opt to uninstall it.
Ultimately, the plugin aims to help streamline one small aspect of your blogging routine.
Thank you for choosing Pressware to streamline and improve your blogging!
- You can find all of our available plugins on our homepage.
- If you’re curious about the changes found in this plugin, review the Changelog above.
- If you opt to download a non-tagged version of the plugin (that is, the version in
trunk), then know that this is a development version. Use at your own risk.
You can install this plugin by searching for ‘Easier Excerpts’ in from the WordPress Plugin screen.
If you download a copy of the plugin and want to install it in another way, please see the methods below.
Using The WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ Plugin page
easier-excerpts.zipfrom your computer
- Click ‘Upload’
- Activate the plugin on the WordPress Plugin Dashboard
easier-excerpts.zipto your computer
- Upload the
easier-excerptsdirectory to your
- Activate the plugin on the WordPress Plugins dashboard