dmarcian displays the email authentication status of your domains directly from your admin panel. The syntactic accuracy of DMARC, SPF, and DKIM* records are evaluated both on-demand and daily. While each authentication technology may support different policies (e.g. DMARC p=none vs. p=reject), the plugin does not take into account current policy and reports only on record validity.
(*) DKIM: DKIM selector (s=) is required to enable the DKIM check.
DMARC adds new features to email:
- strong security controls can be applied against fraudulent email
- email delivery is simplified
- sender identity can be reliably established
- visibility is granted on how email domains are being used around the internet
DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance) builds on the commonly used SPF (Sender Policy Framework) and DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Message) protocols and adds additional features of From domain alignment between the protocols, instructions for Receivers on failure handling and reporting capability.
Learn more about the protocols:
- DMARC: article about dmarc.org and video overview.
- SPF: wiki page and video overview.
- DKIM: wiki page and video overview.
Ready to start? See how to add a DMARC record in monitoring mode (no impact) here.
Not sending email but still want to protect your domains from abuse — you sure can. Learn how here.
Install like any other plugin, directly from your plugins page. After you activate it a new item will appear in the admin menu called dmarcian. From this page you can check your current status.