Disable Cart Fragments is a lightweight plugin which effectively speeds up your WooCommerce website by disabling the cart fragments script. It also enqueues the script back when the cart is not empty anymore; so it only works while the cart is empty.
Why is disabling cart fragments important?
WooCommerce makes an AJAX request to check your cart and update your cart totals in wherever your theme shows cart contents (like the header menu). This AJAX call is made to override caching plugins, which is good, but it generally takes time.
How does Disable Cart Fragments solve the issue?
WooCommerce Optimization Services
Feel free to reach out to us at Optimocha.com and let us help you optimize your WooCommerce website!
Main plugin features
- Disables WooCommerce cart fragments.
- Checks the cart cookies and if it’s not empty, loads the cart fragments script so the cart totals are still updated.
- Brings you joy. (WARNING: Might not bring joy in some rare cases.)
- Download the plugin (.zip file) on your hard drive.
- Unzip the zip file contents.
- Upload the
disable-cart-fragmentsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- When activated, it will start working. There’s no settings page, simply activate and use.